Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Considering selling my 2013 two door hard top!

Old 09-24-2013, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoysRig

It's not the only way to go. I went a completely different route. I bought 2 jeeps. One hard top and one soft top. Soft top in -15 degree freezing rain weather is not an option. I love my rear defroster and windshield wiper in bad weather.
I like the way you think!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had a hardtop... never will. Jeeps and softtops are the way to go! Jeep heaters are great. No need for hardtop unless you are not a lifelong jeeper... especially color matched! Dude shed the extra weight and cruise
Old 09-25-2013, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam O
Never had a hardtop... never will. Jeeps and softtops are the way to go! Jeep heaters are great. No need for hardtop unless you are not a lifelong jeeper... especially color matched! Dude shed the extra weight and cruise
That is a pretty silly comment.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had 3 jeeps and I have a color matched hard top. C'mon now.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha yeah...on my 5th wrangler now and decided to go ONLY hardtop as the Freedom top lets me do what I want to do and offers a lot more security and insulation for the winter (esp with hot heads) - to each his own and I'm a Jeeper for life.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lkinmond
Haha yeah...on my 5th wrangler now and decided to go ONLY hardtop as the Freedom top lets me do what I want to do and offers a lot more security and insulation for the winter (esp with hot heads) - to each his own and I'm a Jeeper for life.
He's in Texas not Canada.. I have a soft top and I took the doors off and put the top down since April I'm going to try and put off putting the doors on and the top up until it gets too cold. As it is now its in the low 60's at 6am but then warms up to the upper 70's in the afternoon.

Here is mine with the top up and the top down. Don't have a hard top but it would be nice for long trips.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0757.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	500368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snorkel Side.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	500369  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
He's in Texas not Canada.. I have a soft top and I took the doors off and put the top down since April I'm going to try and put off putting the doors on and the top up until it gets too cold. As it is now its in the low 60's at 6am but then warms up to the upper 70's in the afternoon. Here is mine with the top up and the top down. Don't have a hard top but it would be nice for long trips.
That's fine - It doesn't really matter where he's from. If he wants to make generalist comments about all Jeep owners he should understand that we all have different needs - to be honest I think REAL Jeepers are the ones who understand and support unique configurations for global domination

Last edited by lkinmond; 09-25-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Punisher8808
I've been considering selling my freedom top from my 2013 2door sport.
I live in a town home with no garage and have no where to store the damn thing, I often find myself being pissed cause its 80+ degrees out and I'm driving around with my top on. If any of you guys who live here in Texas can give me your opinions on weather this is a good plan or not I'd appreciate it!
Hello, I'm a first time poster.
Do you still have the hard top for sale?
Old 10-02-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

In Texas I would say you would be fine with a soft top. I like my hardtop for winter months.

Quick Reply: Considering selling my 2013 two door hard top!