Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

confused about tops

Old 05-20-2008, 01:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK2be
thanks for the replies and pic.
I ordered the besttop mesh bikini top and header today.
Can't wait to get them, and will post a pic once installed.
Living in so CA, I think I can have that on 10 months out of the year!

now onto the half doors....
Looks like I am too late.......I have the mesh top and am not crazy about it. I dont think it blocks enough sun on the really hot days. And, if it is not really hot, I would rather be topless. I would get the solid safari for the super hot days and take it off all together when it isnt super hot. Just my$.02 I consider my self somewhat of an expert sinc I have: hardtop, soft top, duster, mesh safari, solid safari, Mopar/Jeep cab cover.

I will wait for best top to offer the bikini in their Sunlighter fabric, if they ever will some day. I think I will email them about it right now.

Last edited by Rubimon; 05-20-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Looks like I am too late.......I have the mesh top and am not crazy about it. I dont think it blocks enough sun on the really hot days. And, if it is not really hot, I would rather be topless. I would get the solid safari for the super hot days and take it off all together when it isnt super hot. Just my$.02 I consider my self somewhat of an expert sinc I have: hardtop, soft top, duster, mesh safari, solid safari, Mopar/Jeep cab cover.

I will wait for best top to offer the bikini in their Sunlighter fabric, if they ever will some day. I think I will email them about it right now.

Thanks for your 2 cents. I just ordered a bestop safari solid top and was starting to wonder if I did the right thing. I thought like you and thought the top would be best for the hot sunny days.
thanks.
take care.

Quick Reply: confused about tops