Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Do you have a soft top?
Yes, I have a soft top
71.60%
No, I do not have a soft top
28.40%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

College project poll

Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default College project poll

I am doing a project here for my class. I need to know what percentage of people in this portion of the forum have soft tops. The point behind this research is to decide if I should proceed with a possible device for removing the soft tops from our Jeeps and a storage area of sorts to hold the windows, top, hardware, and doors. So please vote up top and if you have questions just go on ahead and post them below.

Thanks everyone

Disclaimer: Information disclosed below may be used only for personal use and you may in no way, shape, or form take the information here and present it as your own. I am the intellectual property holder and copyrights may follow if the idea grows to a respectable level. Thank you for respecting that.

Last edited by karls; 11-24-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Junkie

bump- i need more replies and responses to hard or soft top otherwise the prof won't accept this as "research"
Old 11-23-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

How many replies do you need?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

what about those of us with both?
Old 11-24-2010, 04:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Robar
he didn't put a number on it because he doesn't want us to limit our research but at the time of the bump i had about 35 people in. i appreciate the replies.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Robar
he didn't put a number on it because he doesn't want us to limit our research but at the time of the bump i had about 35 people in. i appreciate the replies.

Originally Posted by littlecricket
what about those of us with both?
good point. the purpose of the poll is to find out how many owners have a soft top to determine if a hanger of sorts is a viable option for production. so if you run the hard top and don't ever look at the soft top then this idea doesnt much pertain to you.

the idea- it started out as a rack that would hold everything and then i began to look around and i noticed that not many people take the doors off (in my area) when they have the top off. so the rack got modified to be an easy removal system for the soft top with a place to also put the windows. it would mount to the ceiling of a garage, carport, etc. and pick the top right off for you. similar to the hard top hoist but it's appeals to soft top owners instead.

the thought for this came from when i was putting my top back on solo and the bows dropped off the passenger side and put some deep scratches into my paint. i know, "its a Jeep", but this is my first new vehicle and i intend on keeping it for a while. i do take it out and play but i also like when it looks decent.

so i appreciate everyone participating and giving input here. hopefully pics of the idea will be up here in a week/ week and a half.

Last edited by karls; 11-24-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

I'll bump it for you!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Bump for education... Jeep education FTW.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

what is your major? im also in college and this is a cool idea for a poll
Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i voted no, but i have the Pavement Ends Emergency Top, i dont know if that count as soft top

Quick Reply: College project poll