Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Coldest you've rode w/o Top

Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Low 40s - high 30s on my morning commutes to work. I'll suffer in the morning just to be able to be topless the rest of the day. My wife asked me if it was worth freezing in the morning just to ride to lunch and then home. My reply, "yes, it is".
Old 11-16-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenna
I drove it to work all last week without the top. It was -7ish most morning. But on the way home was around 10. Beautiful weather. Love driving to work in my winter coat and toque
That's hardcore
Old 11-16-2010, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cold enough to wear coat, hat, gloves, boots and shovel the snow of of my CJ's seats to drive to work........oh ya and ice scraper for the inside of the windshield!
Love the looks you get while driving and it is snowing
Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

last fall I ordered a soft top from the dealer. I drove an hour going 70mph topless with a temp of maybe 50.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jenna
I drove it to work all last week without the top. It was -7ish most morning. But on the way home was around 10. Beautiful weather. Love driving to work in my winter coat and toque
HAHAHA Toque, I haven't heard that term since the movie Strange Brew, I guess if you are from Canada it's a standard term, not as common here in the states. LOVE IT.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last spring...drove to Vernon, BC with it being -10C (14F) going 100km/hr (WindChill was crazy!). I saw the forecast the night before calling for sun and I took the top off that night ready for some awesome sunshine. Just did not expect it to go that low over night. She was cold and I needed a toque....but the heater was nice it kept my hands and feet toasty. The crazy looks I had from people was priceless!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

In high school I had a CJ5 and hardly ever had the doors on. It dropped down in the 20's overnight and snowed about 3 inches. Doors where just laying on the ground covered in snow and frozen together. I just put on my hunting coat, de-iced the windshield inside and out. Man I got some crazy looks on the way to school!!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default 20 Deg

Coldest was about 20 degrees.
This moring was 30 and snowing. Top is up but no windows in yet. Crank the heat and fairly warm. JKs have awesome heaters- can damn near melt your fingers.
I made it 8 months this year with windows out and/or top down.
It is a sad day when the windows go in.

Last edited by JKRio; 11-16-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kuba
dunno if this has been done before but..

lets see

Whats the coldest temperature you have driven somewhere without your top on (jeep top..). and it has to be a significant dive, not just re-parking.

Today it was sunny when i got out of school and took mine off, it quickly got cloudy and the coldest it got on my commute was 57 F (probably far from the record). It was a bit windy out too. Not the most enjoyable not having a sweater, just a long sleeve. Mostly likely the last time for a while here in MI.
Last winter, was running late for work and my truck wouldnt start so I got in the garage and hopped in the jeep, no top on, and didnt have time to put it on, so i slapped on the coveralls and off I went, in the snow, prob about 25-30 degrees. Whiskey kept me warm though.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jennekin
Last winter, was running late for work and my truck wouldnt start so I got in the garage and hopped in the jeep, no top on, and didnt have time to put it on, so i slapped on the coveralls and off I went, in the snow, prob about 25-30 degrees. Whiskey kept me warm though.
You were drinking whiskey before driving to work?

Quick Reply: Coldest you've rode w/o Top