Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Coincidence or did my dealer somehow pull a Jeep out of thin air?

Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coincidence or did my dealer somehow pull a Jeep out of thin air?

Was finally fed up to the point of just going anywhere within 1000 miles to a dealer that had a Rubicon close to what I had ordered. Spent probably 3+ hours last night perusing dealer inventory at every dealer within 1000 miles of me.

Found around 8 Rubicons that at least fit the bill.....none were an exact match....could not find a single one in Jeep Green that had all the options I wanted, but found several in Black, Flame Red or Red Rock that had all the options I wanted....and I decided to make the dealer either manage a dealer trade or I would be driving this weekend.

Sent them all of the info on the various Jeeps...figuring that none would want to dealer trade, and it would be a foregone conclusion that I would be on the phone to one or more later today trying to make a deal.

Lol and behold, an hour or so later, my dealer calls back to tell me that my Jeep is now showing D status, and he has a VIN for me. It was still showing BG status as of late yesterday afternoon when I called the 800 number, so it just flipped this morning.

No build or ship date, and I know that D status could still mean weeks or more yet....but at least it is frakking D status....which is certainly better than the BG status I have been in for the past 17 weeks.

Last edited by Area-51; 02-08-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! I'm hoping to get similar news from my dealer soon - I've been in BG since August.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is excellent news! Seems like the line is really moving now, I hope they get your build started right away. You just might see it by the end of the month.

Beel

Quick Reply: Coincidence or did my dealer somehow pull a Jeep out of thin air?