Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

COD MW3 Owners Post Up Your Number and Pics

Old 07-31-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phunkeydude
Yes to the dual sport & correction bracket kit.

I think it rides better than stock on the street. Real test is coming in October when I hit Moab with it.

Driveshaft not modified. Exhaust was moved back about 2" using a teraflex adapter I think...at least that us what guys at Desert Rat said.

I'd say there is about a 1" rake to front with winch on. I thought about some 1" spacers to level it off but going to wait as I am adding the AEV tire carrier and highlift jack to rear bumper. Thinking weight of that may offset winch weight in front.

Thanks, I am really enjoying it. At first I wasn't too keen on the COD theme. I just wanted a factory built AEV Rubicon so to speak, but the COD theme has grown on me and my son thinks its the coolest Jeep ever. (he plays the game. LOL)
So with the heavier equipment of the winch and soon to be tire carrier and jack, you really only gained about 1.5" of lift? Dang.. was hoping the springs would be more HD so that it wouldnt droop so much.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoreyZ

So with the heavier equipment of the winch and soon to be tire carrier and jack, you really only gained about 1.5" of lift? Dang.. was hoping the springs would be more HD so that it wouldnt droop so much.
No, on the front, I did gain 2.5" after the lift and winch were installed at same time. The rear had a gain of just over 3". I suspect the rear will come down a little with extra weight of AEV tire carrier once installed to even out front and rear.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Default Mw3

2012 MW3 #2949 4.5" lift on 35"s MT/R with boost 17x9 boost wheels.

BTW, thats my wife's 2012 silver sport in the background.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0718.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	349632   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0720.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	349633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0726.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	349634   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0722.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	349635  

Last edited by MGM2; 08-05-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: pictures
Old 08-06-2012, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MGM2
2012 MW3 #2949 4.5" lift on 35"s MT/R with boost 17x9 boost wheels.

BTW, thats my wife's 2012 silver sport in the background.
Looks good!

Any issues mounting the larger wheel and tire on the stock spare hanger?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Default AEV Hood

Anyone having issues with standing water on the Hood since the MW3 version of the AEV hood doesn't have the mesh insert? Mines fairly new, but I've got to think that's going to become an issue over time.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rlanford11
Anyone having issues with standing water on the Hood since the MW3 version of the AEV hood doesn't have the mesh insert? Mines fairly new, but I've got to think that's going to become an issue over time.
Yep. Mine sits or I should say sat a lot up until this past Sat when I traded it in. It would stay full of water and then turn to grit from dust, etc after drying up.
Big Fail on the hood with no way to drain itself. Jeep should have used the AEV original designs instead of trying to change everything.
Wait until winter when ice forms in there and comes flying up into your windshield at 60 mph. That will make for an interesting moment...
Old 08-14-2012, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deathboyardee
Yep. Mine sits or I should say sat a lot up until this past Sat when I traded it in. It would stay full of water and then turn to grit from dust, etc after drying up.
Big Fail on the hood with no way to drain itself. Jeep should have used the AEV original designs instead of trying to change everything.
Wait until winter when ice forms in there and comes flying up into your windshield at 60 mph. That will make for an interesting moment...
What....you traded it in already? On what? Still a Jeeper?
Old 08-14-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

I had mine last winter and had ice form up there. No worries though because it would slide right off as soon as I left my parking spot. Most of the time I would just walk by and shove it off. It's not a big deal. As for dust collecting after a rain, I just get it washed. I get unlimited washes for $30 a month so no sweat there either. I do wish they would have stayed with the vented hood like they originally showed, but oh well.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jim hensley
What....you traded it in already? On what? Still a Jeeper?
Yeah I got a hair this past weekend and decided it wasn't for me anymore. I change Jeeps more than I do my underwear

I really liked it but couldn't justify the money I was putting out for new mods + payment and getting rid of all of the COD options that were on it. Kind of pointless when all I really had left were the hood and interior...

Also, shaved about 10K off of my loan and went a year less on term so all is good.

Figured it was time to get back to my roots. So say hello to my new little friend

Love your new JKUR btw!

Last edited by deathboyardee; 08-14-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Forgot to add the real reason behind me trading was I needed something that got better fuel economy...lmao

Quick Reply: COD MW3 Owners Post Up Your Number and Pics