Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Co2 Tank mounting locations

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HUNTER
I used the Large rollbar clamps. I think a 15# could fit if you twist the tank inward.
Thanks Hunter.

I used the large TJ clamps and mounted it a bit lower so the 15 lb tank fit. It rests securely on the wheel well:

Old 01-29-2008 | 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Default CO2 Tanks

Newb question,...

Why are we putting CO2 tanks on our jeeps?
Old 01-29-2008 | 06:19 AM
JK Freak

For use as an air supply for times when you air down going off road and need to air up after the ride - at least that is the primary reason that I know of. What you don't see in these pictures is the coil of hose that would be used to get to the tires. Other options are compressors / pumps in the engine area or under the jeep - those would be powered by the engine / battery. The other option is to buy a small portable unit (still powered by the battery). The cheap ones you can buy don't work well (I tried). Hope that helps.
Old 01-29-2008 | 08:32 AM
JK Freak

DA Question.
What's the Co2 for?

Is there a place for a keg in the JK I don't know about???
Old 01-29-2008 | 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by deadspot
For use as an air supply for times when you air down going off road and need to air up after the ride - at least that is the primary reason that I know of. What you don't see in these pictures is the coil of hose that would be used to get to the tires. Other options are compressors / pumps in the engine area or under the jeep - those would be powered by the engine / battery. The other option is to buy a small portable unit (still powered by the battery). The cheap ones you can buy don't work well (I tried). Hope that helps.
Thanks Deadspot.

I appreciate the courteous answer. It can be a bit daunting to ask newb questions, altho most of the members here are exceedingly gracious and patient.
Old 01-30-2008 | 02:38 AM
JK Freak

Just don't search the forum to find all the stupid things I have said or asked! I try to answer the easy questions because usually I feel useless in terms of contributing back to the forum given all the great info everyone offers.

Originally Posted by mmcan
Thanks Deadspot.

I appreciate the courteous answer. It can be a bit daunting to ask newb questions, altho most of the members here are exceedingly gracious and patient.
Old 01-30-2008 | 06:07 AM
Eternal ***erator

All good ideas so far...

However...

Has anyone that uses the soft top come up with any ingenious ideas?

Most if not all of those above wouldn't allow the soft top to come down?
Old 01-30-2008 | 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I failed to mention that in my post, I have a soft top. So mounting spots are limited due to the hardware on the roll bars. When I figure something out I'll post up some pics.

As far as the CO2 and why, I'm doing it so I can air up quickly. I weighed my options with electric compressors, and didn't want to go with an engine mounted one and a tank. It cost me $13 to fill up my tank and I can air up approx 40 tires with it. So about 10 trips I'll have to refill.

With the electric pump I have now last and only time I filled my tires it took me an hour to air up 4 tires from 13 to 40 lbs. I'm now running at 35lbs. With this tank I can air them up in about 30-45 sec per tire. Plus if you want to you can run air tools with co2. Not for long but it's possible. Before my trip to Co this summer I'll have a spare tank, so that will be equivalent to a lot of air.
Old 01-30-2008 | 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a soft top to and I am having some issues figuring out where to mount it as well...IS there any reason why we can't just bolt it to the plastic cover, covering the little cubby hole in back? I am only planning on having my tank in when I go on trails, other than taking up space, is this ok? I was testing out the strength of it and it seams pretty sturdy, it seams like it can hold the weight and it is still easy to open... with the additional weight. Please let me know, Thanks!

Brian

BTW this isn't actually mounted, just placed for reference

Last edited by bracket; 01-30-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2008 | 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

That would be ok to transport but the tank needs to be upright or at least a 45degree angle when using the tank, liquid co2 will freeze/clog the regulator and lines if not.

Quick Reply: Co2 Tank mounting locations