Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

CNBC This Morning: Electric/Gas Wrangler in 2010

Old 02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any new developments on this ENVI?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Last I read, there were plans for a 2WD and 4WD version.

Chrysler is bleeding cash like nobody's business, so they might not have any money going to this right now.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see it now, battery skids, chromoly motor shafts, coil over coil coils, high performance windings, electric double ram steering assists and in cab lift adjusts.... A whole new ball game. Could be fun.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

I work in the automotive biz for a supplier here in Detroit and in my opinion it's highly doubtful you'll see an ENVI version of the Jeep until something else from Chrysler comes out first. That battery just doesn't package well and the cost to fix that vs. the benefit I think is just not there. Chrysler would be better off to retrofit another vehicle like their minivan.

Things don't look good for Chrysler financially as it is so Jeep could be under some other company's ownership in 6 months. Then we could be headed in a whole other direction with Jeep. It stinks in the short term but maybe this will help Jeep improve its name long term and get rid of some of these other "trail rated" variants that diluted the brand.

Quick Reply: CNBC This Morning: Electric/Gas Wrangler in 2010