Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Clutch and Water Depth

Old 05-18-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch and Water Depth

So i know going to deep and pressing the clutch is a problem, but what if you just got out of some deep mud holes and right away after your out you hit the clutch is that a possible to cause harm also? What is that mark that everyone says you should engage clutch if your under the bumper etc.?? thanks
Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

from what i understand if your stuck in mud dont change gears cause this will cause vacuum and greaten the chances of sucking water in there. you can drive thru water/ mud. take it from me...last year i got stuck in 2 mudholes in the same day and in both i tried going forward then reverse and had to get pulled out of the first one and managed to extract myself from the second by reversing then first gear multiple times...and it took about 9 months for my clutch to finally go but was never the same after that day it felt and sounded funny and the mechanic said there was old mud in the bell housing.....i used to search for mud holes now i avoid them all together.....
Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

best bet dont shift in water or mud!!!

Quick Reply: Clutch and Water Depth