Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Clutch Squeak!!!!!! Read this!

Old 10-01-2008, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK.. the deed is done and so far so good.
Dealer gave me a free loaner andthe vehicle was done in less than two days!
They replaced the clutch disk and there is a noticible smoothness to the new clutch, it also has a lower release point. More to come as I put more miles on it.

Now... becuase I am an avid forum member, I checked out the vehicle prior to leaving the dealer and was looking for some specific things....
1. They rested the hood on the top of the windshield frame but used a rag so only a small mark was left. No biggie.
2. The Xfer case linkage was NOT re-assembled. A "floppy" shift lever confirmed this. They took it back in and fixed it for me within 15 minutes.
3. On the way home I realized that the inner shift boot was not attached (I didn't check this prior to leaving the dealer). When I got home I pulled off the outer boot and I think I got the inner boot on. More miles will confirm this.

All in all not too bad... "yet".... I am glad I waited a year before having this done becuase the dealer confirmed to me that they had already done a few of these. Let them experiment on the other Jeeps and be all practiced for mine!

Can you tell I have exactly zero trust in Dealer Service?

To be continued.....
Old 10-03-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKDoc
...... I do notice a shudder or vibration in the clutch pedal just as it is depressed. .......
I noticed alot of vibration coming up thru the pedal too after my first time to the shop for the clutch-disc TSB. By the time I got home, the throw-out bearing was squeeking with the clutch out and in neutral. I took it back and the replace the throw-out bearing with the required shim kit (per the other TSB). Since then, I feel no vibration/shudder in the pedal at all. Does yours make any noise in neutral?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

For the throw out bearing TSB my dealer told me the entire bearing part looked different so there is more than just a shim.

Quick Reply: Clutch Squeak!!!!!! Read this!