Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cleaning black fenders & bumpers

Old 06-20-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
I took all of my plastics off, cleaned them as well I could with an all purpose cleaner and some varsol. It cleaned up very well. Then I applied a plastic primer followed by some rocker guard coating. It looks prime! The problem with the stockers is that they are very porous and allow dirt in. Now that they are coated the dirt can't penetrate and can be easily cleaned.
Yeah....I've been wanting to paint mine too. What kind of plastic primer did you use...???
Old 06-20-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Incognito
303 Aerospace Protectant (that's the product name), here's a pic:
That's what I use as well. Been using it for years on everything from daily drivers to show cars. Imo, nothing is better on plastics.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've used Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant for the past several months and the only negative thing I've experienced is a little run off the following morning if I used a little too much. I've recently switched to Turtle Wax Ice and so far I'm a huge fan. I have a black jeep and use Ice on everything...the body, bumpers, fenders, rock rails, and door handles. Thus far no problems at all. Nothing turns white and the fenders look fantastic. Also have noticed the bumpers and fenders seem to stay cleaner and darker much longer between washings. Just remember, a little ICE goes a long way. I literally use no more than an ounce for my entire 4 door Wrangler.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

i use back to black

this stuff is gold, and makes it nice a black,

I have also used rain x some times, it's good too maybe more for protection.

Quick Reply: Cleaning black fenders & bumpers