Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Do you like your Jeep Clean or Dirty?
Clean
64.52%
Dirty
35.48%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Clean or Dirty?

Old 06-15-2011, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time mine is clean is after a good rain. I will hose down the underside after wheeling it to get mud and such out but that is all.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

I love the way she looks when she's all spiffed up. But I also love the way she looks when she's muddy
Old 06-15-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time I get her clean she wants to get dirty.
Its an endless cycle.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

I was just talking to a friend about this. The mud and dirt is like a badge of honor. Even chicks dig the mud! It was clean before I hit the trails Sunday, and as you could imagine, it got caked with mud (that's still on there).

I may have found a loop hole in the clean/dirty debate. Leave the outside dirty and clean the inside. Especially if you are a single guy that has multiple female friends (if you know what I mean). the right girl will appreciate the mud on the outside and the cleanliness on the inside.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G520
The mud and dirt is like a badge of honor. Even chicks dig the mud! It was clean before I hit the trails Sunday, and as you could imagine, it got caked with mud (that's still on there).
That badge of honor isn't worth a damn when you're trying to trace a leak or pinpoint some other problem, maybe even a problem caused by caked on mud. Getting muddy is fine but the vehicle should be cleaned after. Getting mud into everything and then driving around with it like that is hard on components.
That's why I like old logging roads with the occasional creek crossing myself, mud is just too much work and to me it's not that much fun.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clean. This is the nicest Car, truck or Jeep I have had. Even when I had POS cars I always took good care of them.

However the Doors/ windows have been off for over a month and I aint intereset in putting it all back together just to wash it.

THE WK is my wife's, yeah I clean that too.. There both black so that makes it fun..
Old 06-15-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Let's see I like dirty but like clean as well. My new driver son and I share the JKU, son likes dirty but will wash and wax the dirt away, son likes high school babes , babes are attracted to shiny clean, clean wins.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Both. When it gets a mud bath I usually follow it up with a pressure wash, leaving our driveway a nice clay color which the wife loves.

The couple times a month when I have the doors/top on, I'll try to give it a good washing. Nothing beats the fingertip cleaning I give it, but most times I'll drop it off with a guy outside our office that does a pretty good interior/exterior wash for $25.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by G520
I was just talking to a friend about this. The mud and dirt is like a badge of honor. Even chicks dig the mud! It was clean before I hit the trails Sunday, and as you could imagine, it got caked with mud (that's still on there).

I may have found a loop hole in the clean/dirty debate. Leave the outside dirty and clean the inside. Especially if you are a single guy that has multiple female friends (if you know what I mean). the right girl will appreciate the mud on the outside and the cleanliness on the inside.
If you leave the outside dirty on a regular basis, you are going to have MAJOR problems with maintenance in the future. Part of the plus of keeping it clean, painted and nice underneath is that when the time inevitably comes that you are going to need to remove bolts - it is easy(ish). My dad leaves his TJ dirty all the time, and when he needed to replace the sway bar links (he didn't even know one had rusted through) we had to saw everything off. Had it been kept clean then #1) it wouldn't have rusted through, and #2 IF it had, it would have been a 15 minute job. Instead it took 4 hours or so.

Keep it reasonably clean just to save yourself the headache later on.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rickyj
If you leave the outside dirty on a regular basis, you are going to have MAJOR problems with maintenance in the future. Part of the plus of keeping it clean, painted and nice underneath is that when the time inevitably comes that you are going to need to remove bolts - it is easy(ish). My dad leaves his TJ dirty all the time, and when he needed to replace the sway bar links (he didn't even know one had rusted through) we had to saw everything off. Had it been kept clean then #1) it wouldn't have rusted through, and #2 IF it had, it would have been a 15 minute job. Instead it took 4 hours or so.

Keep it reasonably clean just to save yourself the headache later on.
I never thought of that. I'm still a noobie. I've only had my jk for 2 1/2 weeks. Thanks for the advice, it makes total sense. (off to the car wash)

Quick Reply: Clean or Dirty?