Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrestlesBuddy

I have noticed similar things. I don't find the defrost or blower coming on high to be odd. It is nice when I use the remote start to not have to remember to leave the settings where I want them. I get the feeling when you remote start that it follows the temperature setting and depending on other metrics turns the rear defrost on automatically. So far I am a fan.
Good point. I guess I just found it odd because it doesn't appear to be explained in the owners manual.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Anybody else have leaks with the 2012 hard top? Mine has been to the dealership three times, they replaced the seals on the freedom top and front doors. The also took off the front doors and adjusted the hinges to fix the gaps in the doors. It's still leaking, although not as bad.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dingosirok
Anybody else have leaks with the 2012 hard top? Mine has been to the dealership three times, they replaced the seals on the freedom top and front doors. The also took off the front doors and adjusted the hinges to fix the gaps in the doors. It's still leaking, although not as bad.
Mine leaked above the radio I read on the forum somewhere to losing the big screws a little on the back of the tops. I did it and mine has not leaked since. I hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Mine leaked right above the radio too. I just loosened the freedom panel screws for taking it off and it hasn't leaked in months
Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Momikey

Mine leaked above the radio I read on the forum somewhere to losing the big screws a little on the back of the tops. I did it and mine has not leaked since. I hope this helps.
Where were you finding the water? The drivers side front floor is wet after a rain, but I don't see any signs of water any where else.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dingosirok

Where were you finding the water? The drivers side front floor is wet after a rain, but I don't see any signs of water any where else.
Mine was dripping a little in the front right above my radio. I would find drops on the dash and on my nav screen. I loosened the big hand screws on the back of the freedom top and it stopped. I'm guessing the tops have to be on even to prevent leaking all around.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

At about 11k in mileage I've been hearing bells... LOL. Well its two things.. one I don't know and the other is the Low Tire Pressure light comes on and the bell rings... then after I drive a quarter of a mile it goes off again. Its done this a few times and I associated it with the fluctuation in the weather... but a couple of times I've heard the same bell and had no indicator lights (seat belt loose, low tire, or low fuel light) yet it would ring a few times and then be done for the remainder of the trip. I'll have to track the time now that I think of it.. could be a lunch or dinner bell... who knows.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Has anyone who had one or both heads replaced experienced a drop in mpg? I was getting 20 before the repair and now am only getting around 18. Wondering if i should I go back to the dealership.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow im getting like 13
Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

No replacement or ticking yet... been averaging from 17.5 to 18.5... can't seem to break the 19mpg barrier yet. I did take a road trip a few months ago but I lost my receipt for the gas and couldn't remember how many gallons I bought so couldn't perform a calculation for that trip. So my averages are combined freeway/side street mileage.

Quick Reply: Class of 2012