Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 11-25-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngjeep
Is it just me or are other people getting close to 45,000km?
45,000km =27,961.77 miles

I'm at 9k
Old 11-25-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Im at 5,080 and had it for about 7months..
Old 11-25-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

I got 9,000 miles in 4 months... Then I started taking the train to work!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 PM
JK Newbie

Has anyone experienced temperature related odd occurrences with climate controls? I've noticed that when outside temps are around 50 or more Fahrenheit, when I turn on the fan, the a/c automatically lights up. Also, when it's cold outside and I remote start, the rear defroster runs, even though it wasn't on when I set the controls before shutting engine down in the morning (at the office). or the front defroster blows high speed even though the fan is set to off, also during remote start.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jgervasi
Has anyone experienced temperature related odd occurrences with climate controls? I've noticed that when outside temps are around 50 or more Fahrenheit, when I turn on the fan, the a/c automatically lights up. Also, when it's cold outside and I remote start, the rear defroster runs, even though it wasn't on when I set the controls before shutting engine down in the morning (at the office). or the front defroster blows high speed even though the fan is set to off, also during remote start.
Do you have automatic climate controls? I was reading in the owners manual that with the standard controls the AC will engage automatically to prevent fogging when the recirculation button is pressed when using the blower... but the automatic climate controls are a little different. Different in that the recirculation control doesn't work in the floor or defrost modes... not sure why it would be different other than the automatic fan feature.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jgervasi
I have noticed similar things. I don't find the defrost or blower coming on high to be odd. It is nice when I use the remote start to not have to remember to leave the settings where I want them. I get the feeling when you remote start that it follows the temperature setting and depending on other metrics turns the rear defrost on automatically. So far I am a fan.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

5000 miles now. Drivers seat squeeks like a mo-fo!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
5000 miles now. Drivers seat squeeks like a mo-fo!
Mine did too, don't know why but its one of the things the dealer fixed when they had it for the head replacement.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got mine at the end of August. 4,700k... Love this thing
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1191604317.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	393519  
Old 12-02-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by maverick17

Do you have automatic climate controls? I was reading in the owners manual that with the standard controls the AC will engage automatically to prevent fogging when the recirculation button is pressed when using the blower... but the automatic climate controls are a little different. Different in that the recirculation control doesn't work in the floor or defrost modes... not sure why it would be different other than the automatic fan feature.
Sorry Maverick. I've been away for a while. No, I don't have automatic climate controls. I did read that if the system is in recirculate mode when you turn on the blower, the a/c automatically activates, but I'm pretty sure most of the time I don't have it set to recirculate. I thought there might be a short, but I just hate going to the dealer cause its out of the way and they want me to leave it. BTW, my experience is recirculate does work in floor only. Not in mix (floor and defrost) or defrost.

Quick Reply: Class of 2012