Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 09-14-2012, 03:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick

Hi Maverick. Glad things are going well with your JK. Unfortuneately, mine has started to tick at 2463 miles. I thought I'd heard it last week, but didn't want to believe it (hoping I wasn't another Jeep hypochondriac). My husband is going to take it in tomorrow. No CEL, but I've never gotten more than 15.9 MPG which isn't good; especially since I have no lift and am running stock tires.
That's scary to hear! I didn't know there were any Wranglers as late in the production cycle as yours that were experiencing it! I guess I'm not in the clear :(

I hope they are fair and get it corrected for you quickly.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. Here's the scoop. I thought it was too early to take it in for the tick. It's nothing like the very obvious ticks on YouTube; but I know it's there (it didn't sound like this before) and that's what counts for now. My husband wanted it documented as early as possible. Needless to say, no one heard it. But, the good thing is it's now documented. So even if my check engine light comes on after the warranty, it is in the system as having the issue prior to the warranty expiration. Also, my very low MPG (15.5) is also now documented.

I did get several other things serviced while at the dealer: reset e-brake, air conditioning deoderizer.

So, now I wait and still enjoy the heck out of my JK.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Ok. Here's the scoop. I thought it was too early to take it in for the tick. It's nothing like the very obvious ticks on YouTube; but I know it's there (it didn't sound like this before) and that's what counts for now. My husband wanted it documented as early as possible. Needless to say, no one heard it. But, the good thing is it's now documented. So even if my check engine light comes on after the warranty, it is in the system as having the issue prior to the warranty expiration. Also, my very low MPG (15.5) is also now documented.

I did get several other things serviced while at the dealer: reset e-brake, air conditioning deoderizer.

So, now I wait and still enjoy the heck out of my JK.
What did they do for the emergency brake? I was just curious as I have to yank on mine fairly hard to get it to grab... and sometimes its under pressure that it slips a notch with a loud pop.

Also... whats the air conditioning deodorizer option? Is that dealer installed or a pick-up-at-walmart and user-installed? GRIN
Old 09-14-2012, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Going wheeling tomorrow with a local group of JK'rs... the route is a back way from Phoenix to Prescott via an area called Crown King. Last time I took that road was in the winter with a military jeep (yep... I got in at the tail end of the Jeeps and the dawn of the Hummers). So I hope to learn a lot from the other drivers... I'll try and get some pics (even if the others aren't 2012's).
Old 09-14-2012, 09:09 PM
JK Freak

HaHaHa...I'm sure the deoderizer is a Walmart special. However, they threw it in for free while at the dealership.

To adjust the e-brake they removed the rear wheels and adjust it from there.

Last edited by Wendy.Jeepchick; 09-15-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok... I bet thats what I need. Its like mine doesn't grab until its fully extended. There used to be a time when the emergency brake would auto adjust... the old cars would do it when you backed up and used the brakes.

thanks,
Old 09-17-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

The 3.6 is quick, efficient and offers quite a bit of torque. Just watch out for the dreadful ticking noise that's fixable under warranty.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a vid someone made while we went out to Crown King... I'm at 2:50 minutes into the video working my way up one of the obstacles.

Crown King vid.avi - YouTube

There were about 20 Jeeps that started out. We had one casualty right before the first obstacle (where I was driving up)... then we lost a TJ on a really technical obstacle due to a broken axle. I didn't attempt that obstacle because of the stock height and tires (boulders were the size of ottomans). All in all... I was very impressed with the vehicle and I believe I got better gas economy over the older JKs... as I came out using just over 1/2 tank where others stated they'd usually have a 1/4 tank left when done.

Fun fun...

Last edited by maverick17; 09-17-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

New bumper and winch... and a vinyl decal for the hood.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0703.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	369742
Old 09-24-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Maverick...you did NOT put a Batman sticker on your hood!?!

Quick Reply: Class of 2012