Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 07-29-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotchief
I'm in!

Always wanted a white Jeep, dreaming it would be a Rubicon 6 speed.
Went in to get the oil changed on my Ram 3500 Cummins and found this in the showroom...
Got more than an oil change that day & the wife is still pissed!

Love it!!! Take her for a ride...
Old 07-29-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Just hit 2,000 miles and put the lift and 35"a on it this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-779115121.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	347257  
Old 07-29-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Very nice. Love the wheels and tires. How did the ride change when you put the lift on? Are you noticing any premature wear on the u-joints or trackbar bracket?

I put the lift on in April so a little early to tell. The ride is incredible considering it has 37s, rides smooth and quit.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Very nice. Love the wheels and tires. How did the ride change when you put the lift on? Are you noticing any premature wear on the u-joints or trackbar bracket?

Wendy, Just dawned on me the PureJeep Truss kit which I have installed comes with a brace for the lower trackbar mount. So that shouldn't be a problem for me.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

RRP777, I wasn't familiar with that kit and had to look it up. I believe that kit may have eliminated a few of the issues I had with my lifted '09. It was only an "X", so the suspension was not very durable and the extreme angles of the lift caused warping and premature wear on some of the parts. I finally sold it to get my '12 JKUR. My husband and I are not the kind of people you will see on the trail, spot welding their rig. So, it has to be heavy duty and good to go before we get there. I ran into Wayoflife in Tahoe and he assured me that the Evo lift he has on his JK rides better than my stock Rubi. But it's very expensive. So, I'm going to have to wait a while to get a lift. I want it done right next time.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wendy - I think I had mentioned the Mopar lift from one of the local dealers... its a 3" Teraflex lift that has Fox Shocks and then the Mopar name is placed onto the lift. Expensive... about $3800 installed but then the service rep stated it would be covered under the drivetrain warranty... definitely something to wait for the tax return (if I get one... LOL). Anyway... I was reassured the ride would not be much different than stock as I had inquired about some of the concerns you posted to me a couple of months ago.

The only thing I found and you may know this already is that most likely we'll need to get the exhaust extensions for the exhaust loop... especially when getting up past a 3" lift.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maverick17
Wendy - I think I had mentioned the Mopar lift from one of the local dealers... its a 3" Teraflex lift that has Fox Shocks and then the Mopar name is placed onto the lift. Expensive... about $3800 installed but then the service rep stated it would be covered under the drivetrain warranty... definitely something to wait for the tax return (if I get one... LOL). Anyway... I was reassured the ride would not be much different than stock as I had inquired about some of the concerns you posted to me a couple of months ago.

The only thing I found and you may know this already is that most likely we'll need to get the exhaust extensions for the exhaust loop... especially when getting up past a 3" lift.
Well Maverick, you get to be the guinea pig first. Make sure you set a good example...I'm watching.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to be a member of the Class of 2012! I did the Mopar lift-- nice have it ALL under warranty. IMO worth the $$$ for this peace of mind!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Oh Maverick, I almost forgot. IT HAPPENED! You remember how you said that shifting improved for you just after 2,000? I hit 1,493 today and I actually FELT it get better: smoother into first, less sensitive, less jumpy. Like I was driving a different Jeep. Man I love this Jeep. My best Jeep ever.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by quadidaho
Glad to be a member of the Class of 2012! I did the Mopar lift-- nice have it ALL under warranty. IMO worth the $$$ for this peace of mind!
Please let me know how it drives in the next 500 miles. I LOVE how my Jeep drives, but honestly I will never be completely happy with being 2+ inches shorter than everybody. I won't pull the trigger though until someone can really tell me their lift has no bugs in it...NO BUGS! I got so sick of spending my life on the forums trying to figure out wobbles, too much play, u-joint wear (on a 2 year old JK), track bar bracket tears, etc.

And yes, I will sound like a broken record for a while. I'm a woman who wants something...Nuf' Said.

Quick Reply: Class of 2012