Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 07-22-2012, 09:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maverick17

When you added fogs was there a kit to reincorporate them to the bumper? Also... did you have issues fitting the Smittybuilt to the front end? I've heard some war stories of holes not aligning... some drilling or enlargening of holes required etc...
Sorry for the late response. No issues with the bumper, just had to relocate the vaccum assist. There is no space for the stock fogs, had to buy some and add them to the bumper around were the winch goes (there are light two light tabs). I used a relay to hook them up, did not feel confertable plugging straight to the stock wirring. The bumper did make it sag in the front. Looking into leveling kit as soon as some green is available.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NewOldSchool
Sorry for the late response. No issues with the bumper, just had to relocate the vaccum assist. There is no space for the stock fogs, had to buy some and add them to the bumper around were the winch goes (there are light two light tabs). I used a relay to hook them up, did not feel confertable plugging straight to the stock wirring. The bumper did make it sag in the front. Looking into leveling kit as soon as some green is available.
Not a problem on the late response... but the vacuum assist does answer a question. I was looking at another bumper company and there's a vacuum assist relocation kit for their bumpers (at an extra price)... and I wasn't sure if its just with their bumpers or any aftermarket bumper in-general.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I joined the class of 2012 about a month ago....traded-in my 2door JK (Steel Blue) for a 2012 JKU Dozer. LOVE IT!!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just got back from a 6000 mile road trip (ma to ky to nd to ma) with lots of side trips all around. my girl did great till i got to ohio on my way back and the check engine light went on. stopped at a dealership to run a test - header misfire - just got her back from my dealership - needs a new header - will be in stock in about a month.

but besides that the '12 is awesome. cruises at 80 on the interstate, nice smooth ride on 33s w stock suspension.

i'm just waiting for some money to get saved up then im getting bumpers. i figure i won'l lift her till the 33 go bald and i go up to 35s
Old 07-23-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Huckleberryjeep
just got back from a 6000 mile road trip (ma to ky to nd to ma) with lots of side trips all around. my girl did great till i got to ohio on my way back and the check engine light went on. stopped at a dealership to run a test - header misfire - just got her back from my dealership - needs a new header - will be in stock in about a month.

but besides that the '12 is awesome. cruises at 80 on the interstate, nice smooth ride on 33s w stock suspension.

i'm just waiting for some money to get saved up then im getting bumpers. i figure i won'l lift her till the 33 go bald and i go up to 35s
If you don't mind, can you tell me what date your engine was built? You seem to have joined the unpopular pentastar replacement head club. Most of the engines that are in that club were produced around November of 2011. Are you familiar with the pentastar tic forums? The people in that forum heard their engines produce a loud ticking noise before their engine lights came on.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Traded in my 01 Chevy crew 25000hd with 8.1 4x4 for my black 2dr in march. just hit 6400. about four weeks ago the wife got jealous and traded her 08 envoy for a dark cherry 2dr, has about 1200. never owned a Jeep before. Just trucks and wife had compact cars and mini suvs. I enjoy driving again! I could care less about the gas mileage. I figure it is what it is... No problems that I am aware of except the bestop trektop nx can be a bitch some days. tight fit and in a few spots really doesn't fit well. other than that life with my jeep is freakn awesome! We put 32's on both with rims. wife says that is all she wants to do to hers. But she has been talking how mine needs a lift and bigger tires. I'm good for the moment though. Cant decide how high and how big i want to go with a DD. I have looked at kits and saw a lot of people recommend aev. so i have the wife believing that it will cost $3-4 grand just for the lift, that way she wont balk at the other upgrades besides the lift kit. Wife pays attention to the pennies.

edit... 32" tire... my bad

Last edited by lzgriff; 07-23-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats,
I completely agree. I never thought id enjoy driving this thing as much as I do.

Mine is a daily driver as well. I have 35s on a 4in lift. I woulnt go higher but love how tall it sits.

Originally Posted by lzgriff
I enjoy driving again! I could care less about the gas mileage. I figure it is what it is... No problems that I am aware of except the bestop trektop nx can be a bitch some days. tight fit and in a few spots really doesn't fit well. other than that life with my jeep is freakn awesome! We put 33's on both with rims. wife says that is all she wants to do to hers. But she has been talking how mine needs a lift and bigger tires. I'm good for the moment though. Cant decide how high and how big i want to go with a DD. I have looked at kits and saw a lot of people recommend aev. so i have the wife believing that it will cost $3-4 grand just for the lift, that way she wont balk at the other upgrades besides the lift kit. Wife pays attention to the pennies.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Hell yeah!!!! 2012 JKU !!!!!! 42 miles. Hitting up the border roads tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1296987693.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	344605  
Old 07-23-2012, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nevesjk06
Hell yeah!!!! 2012 JKU !!!!!! 42 miles. Hitting up the border roads tomorrow
I put 70 miles on mine just during the test drive!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lzgriff

I put 70 miles on mine just during the test drive!
I have you beat... 112 miles on my test drive! I told the sales man that I needed to take it home to show the wife first, home was over 50 miles away.

Quick Reply: Class of 2012