Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 07-22-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A tree stump attacked my rocker. And a rock picked a fight with my fender. That was one helluva trail!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1331.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	344034   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1333.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	344035  
Old 07-22-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanBlan
A tree stump attacked my rocker. And a rock picked a fight with my fender. That was one helluva trail!
Looks like the Rock Rails took some of the damage... could have been worse it seems.

Did you get pics of the trail itself?
Old 07-22-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

I had a bad experience today and need to vent. I took my JKUR (only 1100 miles on it) wheelin' today in a 4-wheel-drive park sponsored by a off-road company. This was not only a first for my Jeep, but my first time rock crawling. I've put my Wranglers in 4wd before, but usually due to inclement weather, not 'cause I just wanted to go OVER something.

I had been looking forward to this event for several months. Well, my hubby woke up this morning with a stomach bug, but insisted that we still go. But when I actually am on the trail (with at least 50 other rigs), he becomes frustrated and irritated that I'm using the clutch too often, etc, etc. I finally just get out and tell him to drive, he just says that he'll be quiet because he knows how much I have been looking forward to this. I just needed a little patience, there's a learning curve to this. We eventually left several hours early due to his illness (which I totally understand).

I'm just so disappointed because, it was not supposed to be like this. I never actually killed it or lost control. This is like being thrown from your horse on your first ride, after loving horses your whole life. It makes me want to give up and just have a mall crawler.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Siccjeep
Tell him "look, your actin like a lil bitch right now. Don't make me leave you at home next time" that passenger seat is a priveledge
I know. And I just need to suck it up and not be such a girl! I hate girls like that!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maverick17

Did you get pics of the trail itself?
Haha, Nope. Too busy driving. This was a very short trail but it was awesome. So many obstacles in such a short distance. I did manage to get this one video. Two XJ's taking different lines. Sorry, no JK footage.

Duelling XJ's - YouTube
Old 07-22-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
I had a bad experience today and need to vent. I took my JKUR (only 1100 miles on it) wheelin' today in a 4-wheel-drive park sponsored by a off-road company. This was not only a first for my Jeep, but my first time rock crawling. I've put my Wranglers in 4wd before, but usually due to inclement weather, not 'cause I just wanted to go OVER something.

I had been looking forward to this event for several months. Well, my hubby woke up this morning with a stomach bug, but insisted that we still go. But when I actually am on the trail (with at least 50 other rigs), he becomes frustrated and irritated that I'm using the clutch too often, etc, etc. I finally just get out and tell him to drive, he just says that he'll be quiet because he knows how much I have been looking forward to this. I just needed a little patience, there's a learning curve to this. We eventually left several hours early due to his illness (which I totally understand).

I'm just so disappointed because, it was not supposed to be like this. I never actually killed it or lost control. This is like being thrown from your horse on your first ride, after loving horses your whole life. It makes me want to give up and just have a mall crawler.
We men are ego maniacs and know it alls!!! GRIN

Yeah probably the discomfort from the illness which contributed to being easily irritable in more ways than one. One nice thing about a "bad wheelin' adventure" is the "make-up wheelin' adventure"!!! GRIN

Next time you get a chance and you're out in just dirt or a place where you can safely put the vehicle in 4LO... check out how you can leave the clutch out in 1st gear and not stall the vehicle. Its kind of neat... it will crawl and not stall (poet and didn't know it). Not I don't know if this is the same on a severe incline but its something to check out and become familiar with.

Wow... so I'm jealous... I've got about 3k miles on mine and haven't gone crawling yet... sheesh I'm behind.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DanBlan
Haha, Nope. Too busy driving. This was a very short trail but it was awesome. So many obstacles in such a short distance. I did manage to get this one video. Two XJ's taking different lines. Sorry, no JK footage.

Duelling XJ's - YouTube
I hope to get a run in for the Crown King area (North of Phoenix) this week. Though its been raining off and on and I heard there were mud slides and such that have taken portions of the trail out. If they've got the area clear I may be able to get some real wheelin' in finally.

I'll try and get pics too...
Old 07-22-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Thanks Maverick! He's feeling better now...and telling me I did a good job. Here's the only pics I have right now, courtesy of my friend Becky's iphone (she was following behind me in her JK):

The view of the back of me, descending the hill:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1541.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	344190

The view from the top of the hill:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2644.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	344191
Old 07-22-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Thanks Maverick! He's feeling better now...and telling me I did a good job. Here's the only pics I have right now, courtesy of my friend Becky's iphone (she was following behind me in her JK):

The view of the back of me, descending the hill:

Attachment 344190

The view from the top of the hill:
Attachment 344191
So they actually have designated parks for wheelin' eh? Nothing like that around here... which is why I've been connecting up with other local JK'rs to ensure I'll be going to the right areas and trails.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Yes. This one is Hollister Hills SVRA (state vehicular recreation area), maintained by the state of California (state park). You can find videos of Jeeps and other 4wd's on Youtube in this park.

Quick Reply: Class of 2012