Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler Workers in Michigan Reportedly Caught Smoking, Drinking During Lunch Breaks

Old 07-14-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Workers in Michigan Reportedly Caught Smoking, Drinking During Lunch Breaks

Workers at a Chrysler plant in Michigan have reportedly been caught on video smoking and drinking during lunch breaks.

Just ten months after revealing how some workers at the Chrysler Jefferson North Plant in Detroit spent their lunch hour drinking beer, another investigation by MyFoxDetroit.com found more of the same at Chrysler's Trenton Engine Plant in Trenton, Mich.

At least two workers told the station's investigative reporter they do not want to work with people who have been abusing drugs or alcohol prior to returning to work.

"It's dangerous," one employee reportedly said.

The latest video shows workers roughly a mile from the plant, but just steps away from a United Auto Workers hall.

In a statement to MyFoxDetroit.com, Chrysler said the conduct captured on tape was "unacceptable" and the workers would be suspended indefinitely without pay once they are identified.

"I just want to say I am both hurt and angered over what your cameras captured," said Scott Garberding, senior vice president of manufacturing.

"Again, we have Chrysler workers in a compromised position, without regard for the impact of their actions, the reputation of their coworkers, the plant, of the company, not to mention their own reputation and that of their families. As a company, in the last two years we've come too far and made way too much progress to let the bad actions of a few put a shadow on the rest of the employees," Garberding said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/14...#ixzz1S5ZWtq6w
Old 07-14-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Idiots

Bunch of F'ing mullets. The secondary and third order effects of these idiots can ruin a family's life in more than one way. Start/do more random alcohol and drug tests.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Well it solves the question on how parts of the engine were installed upside down. It's hard for them to brag about quality of their vehicles when this is the second time this has happened at a Chrysler plant in a year. I just don't understand why they have to do it at work. If they can't go that long without then they need to seek help. I don't just blame them though, I put some blame on their supergiants for not seeing behaviors or symptoms associated with what their doing. It's things like this that make me want to go to other vehicles.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

So what happens if your engine craps out and you show them this article and the one back a few months ago...Just sayin'!

It, to me anyway, wouldn't be as bad if they were doing it after work, on their own time, but during lunch...seriously, if you can't make it a shift without, you really need some help.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by danmojo82
Well it solves the question on how parts of the engine were installed upside down. It's hard for them to brag about quality of their vehicles when this is the second time this has happened at a Chrysler plant in a year. I just don't understand why they have to do it at work. If they can't go that long without then they need to seek help. I don't just blame them though, I put some blame on their supergiants for not seeing behaviors or symptoms associated with what their doing. It's things like this that make me want to go to other vehicles.
Alcoholics can hide it pretty well most of the time......
Old 07-14-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I get that they couldn't really tell the guys from the lunch break, one 40oz wouldn't have me stumbling around. But if you watch the clip in the report there is the guy that drank for 2 hrs every day before going in to work stumbling. I don't know how people couldn't notice that guy.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe they need to install breathalyzers at the entrance.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

One thing that I just thought of, why go to the news? Did they try going to their supervisors first and get turned away? To me that seems like it would have been the better choice over making the company look bad by having it all over the news.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

This is at the Trenton Engine Plant, home of the new Pentastar engine. Cannot believe anyone would buy a Wrangler knowing that drunks and stoners were slapping them together.

Look how dirty and nasty the factory is:

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/trenton-engine.html

No wonder so many Wrangler engines fail. No wonder. What a complete disaster.

I'm a Jeep person. Owned them forever. But this, this is the last straw. This is a corporation that is corrupt to the core with substance abuse and poor assembly.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now i know why there wasn't any bolts in my lower intake manifold gasket....

Quick Reply: Chrysler Workers in Michigan Reportedly Caught Smoking, Drinking During Lunch Breaks