Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler to Recall Jeep Wrangler

Old 07-07-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, mine came off the line on 2/8/07. And I have stalled once (at 70mph on the highway). I called Chrysler and they "explained" since my Jeep is not in the recall, I have no next step. I did not take that well, and was transferred from manager to manager. Bottom line, the recall is a good start, and for those of you that get fixed, congrats. But there are still a bunch of us that have to worry about the next time the stall is going to hit.

I love my Jeep, but this sucks a little.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my Jeep back from having the flash done on 7/6/07 at about 5pm. I put around 425 miles on it since, no issues... but then, it lasted for several thousand the last time they flashed it before it started acting up again.

We shall see...
Old 07-09-2007, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

I got my written recall notice in the mail today. Mine stalled just before my 1st oil change and when I took it in they never heard of the "stall bug" and didn't find anything wrong on the computer ... of course. Now I have written proof that something IS wrong and what they need to do to fix it.
I'm going to take it in next week when i'm on 2nd shift.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:10 PM
HEK
JK Freak

Got my recall in the mail as well, so I'll make an appointment and hope that they don't mess something up.....BTW never had my JK stall in all 6600 miles..
Just curious if it has happaned to those with automatic transmissions??...just curious...
Old 07-09-2007, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received my recall notice today... will have to call the dealer and schedule soon.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

The stall happened on mine. I have a manual transmission, so was able to simply pop the clutch again. But I thought it was odd at the time. Odd enough that I mentioned to my wife that if she was ever driving it and the same thing happened to pop the clutch to get it going again. As an FYI, my vehicle had only about 2k miles on it at the time. And when it happened, I was sure glad I wasn't driving an automatic.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine stalled and is an auto,, started right back up too.. The dealer couldnt find anything, but now I have the letter from DC.. got it today,, I'll take it in next week.. I had put 14K miles on it in the first 4 months, but got a new Co truck to drive to work so it hasnt got much more than 15,500 now..
Steve
Old 07-09-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine happened around 3900 miles cruising at 70mph..except I think mine stayed running, got all the lights etc, and then it reset and everything was fine. Its spooky, but I keep an eye on it. I might take it in and just have them check the software to see if its as current as what is being installed and if not, have them reflash etc... can't hurt. My Jeep dealer is REALLY Jeep friendly so I am told, so we shall see.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

I wonder if this recall will also fix the cd player from cutting out too. Seems it is just losing power like a loose wire.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if this flash reprograms all issues with the computer? My JK was built in October 2006 and has not had any of the TSB flashes recommended in this forum done yet. Will this take care of trhose or do I still need to argue with the dealer to get them done too.

Quick Reply: Chrysler to Recall Jeep Wrangler