Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler Friends Program?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Friends Program?

Does anyone know the stipulations of this program. I can get a control number from a relative. Will this gain me anything on a new jk? It says that you can get 1% below invoice at best. What would the invoice price on a rubicon be?
Thanks

Last edited by tmanker; 12-11-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get 1% below invoice, and any incentives / rebates that are available at the time. In July I paid about $30,500 plus ttl for my Rubi with hardtop, power windows/locks, tint, and remote start. Unfortunately about 6 weeks later they started offering an additional $2,000 in rebates I could have taken if I waited, but then again they only get like 6 Rubicons a year, and they were all gone well before then so I would have had to get something that I wanted less.

If you have a trade in then it is not a good deal because they will give you the same trade difference as if you didn't have the special pricing, so I sold my other vehicle on my own prior so I would not run into this issue.

If you have a control number you can view the invoice on any vehicle to see how much you would pay. It is clearly marked on the invoice as the ffp price, and then subtract any rebates from there and you will get your out the door price.

Last edited by Littlejon; 12-12-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Numerous auto sites provide invoice prices. Invoice prices reflect options as well, so it's never a 1:1 proposition unless you bring all the numbers to the dealership and do the calculations there yourself. You can also ask to see the invoice at the dealer.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always worked on the dealer with price. I have never paid more than FFP price. I have always paid less. I am about to go pick up the keys on an 09 this weekend. I am sure this is not that great of a deal. I was in a little bit of a bind and didn't have much time to negotiate. There are certainly better deals out there.

MSRP 32,905 FWP 30,412 HB 966 FFP 30,108, EP 29285 My price 29050 - 1000 current incentive. + tax title tags. = around 29K
Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Well, I just bought a new 08 rubi unlimited black with tow, dual top, infinity w/ sub, etc... for $26k out the door. I don't feel too bad about it.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought an 08 Sahara in Oct of 07. I got the employee discount through a friend that works with Chrysler LLC which is 4-5% below invoice. I special ordered mine.

Anyway.
MSRP was $26,795
Invoice was $24,821
I paid 23,748 + an Admin fee $200 required with employee discount purchase

Edmonds.com is a good place to get invoice cost of the vehicle and options

At the time the new JK's were still flying off the shelf and the economy hadn't melted down yet so there were no discounts. Now I've seen Rubies selling for 27

Last edited by ibjeepr; 12-12-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

--->I paid 23,748 + an Admin fee $200 required with employee discount purchase<----

Admin fee? I've been getting EP pricing on my last 6 autos ... Never paid an Admin fee.... Just the opposite, they aren't allow to charge you the documentation charges. -- And I think it's the same for FFP as well.

EP price - rebates/incentives + TAX/TITLE and out the door, no haggling, it's pretty nice... This was in June though... Now you may be able to get a better deal.. Oh they also can't necessarily charge you for all the crappy stealer prep either... $200 pinstripes? Please give me a break
Old 12-13-2008, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vandi
--->I paid 23,748 + an Admin fee $200 required with employee discount purchase<----

Admin fee? I've been getting EP pricing on my last 6 autos ... Never paid an Admin fee.... Just the opposite, they aren't allow to charge you the documentation charges. -- And I think it's the same for FFP as well.

EP price - rebates/incentives + TAX/TITLE and out the door, no haggling, it's pretty nice... This was in June though... Now you may be able to get a better deal.. Oh they also can't necessarily charge you for all the crappy stealer prep either... $200 pinstripes? Please give me a break
I don't know, i put up a stink about it because i wasn't aware of it. I called chrysler to confirm it. The admin fee is required.

Last edited by ibjeepr; 12-13-2008 at 08:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Friends Program?