Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler financial conference call confirms Wrangler Pentastar V6 next year

Old 11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
61 years old and I want a hemi. Never liked diesels; never will.
34 and feel exactly the same.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be curious what auto transmission they are going to use....I hope it is at least a 5 speed.....
Old 11-10-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

I wonder if they"ll upgrade those crappy exhaust manifolds?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hasten3
I would be curious what auto transmission they are going to use....I hope it is at least a 5 speed.....
I'm with you, I am more interested to see what the new tranny is rather than the Pentastar itself. The problem with the 3.8 is not necessarily the motor it's the Auto tranny.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just want to get from denver to vail without struggling up the mountains
Old 11-12-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kaffeene
Well a hemi would be nice, but I'd prefer crumby gas mileage to very poor. Doesn't matter though, I plan on keeping whatever JK I end up getting for 10 years +. I'll drive it into the ground. I just want a Wrangler, I'm getting so impatient I'll take one with 2 gerbils turning a wheel for an engine.
My Commander w/ a Hemi got 4 mpg better than my JK. It was lifted/modified as well.

I still don't see why they don't offer it as an option....? They can use parts from the existing parts bin. Don't tell me it's too expensive. Look at all of the Chrysler cars and truck that have multiple engine options.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kaffeene
Well a hemi would be nice, but I'd prefer crumby gas mileage to very poor. Doesn't matter though, I plan on keeping whatever JK I end up getting for 10 years +. I'll drive it into the ground. I just want a Wrangler, I'm getting so impatient I'll take one with 2 gerbils turning a wheel for an engine.
i have 3.8 Gerbils, that is nearly twice what you wished for.

meh, I am happy with the engine i have, plenty of power for what i need. better gas milage would be nice, but unless they drop a 50MPG Hemi in it the thought of a new engine does nothing for me.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toddjb
I don't get it, I have seen complaint after complaint about the current engine and now that a new one is confirmed everyone is against it and loves the one that was previously being complained about? Or did you guys always love the 3.8 from the get go?
Not the issue. It's Jeep doing what they want and not what the hardcore Wrangler customer wants. We want a high torque and HP motor in the low band range (ie. diesel, HEMI) vs at 4,000 - 5,000 RPM
Old 11-13-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Enzo
My 3.8 engine has a life time warranty, to the original registered owner. why should trade in for a 3 yr warranty
THE LIFETIME WARRANTY is pure torcher!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Angry

Why we cannot get a Hemi from factory?? It's a mistery... Does the Wrangler not deserve it (from Chrysler minds)?

Quick Reply: Chrysler financial conference call confirms Wrangler Pentastar V6 next year