Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler Customer Service stepped up!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Customer Service stepped up!

I have a strong compliment for Chrysler Customer Service.

I ordered my JK and after waiting 5 months I gave up and took one from dealer stock. I wanted the dual tops but tey could not get one so I took a hard top. The dealer had indiated that they woud sell me the soft top $890 which is the difference from the hard top to the dual top group. After it was all done, they informed me that the soft top would cost me $1131.20.

I was pissed off and started checking this forum and ebay for tops. Much less costly, but the shipping turned out to be outrageous.

I called Customer Service and informed them of my situation. They looked up my file and saw that I have purchased 11 vehicles form them in the past. After about 10 minutes of discussion, they offered to split the cost of the top with me based on my loyalty to the company. I was surprised and very pleased. They asked me to buy it and fax a receipt to them and they would reimburse me.

I purchased the top and called the representative that I had spoken to. In our conversation, he offered to step up and cover $1,000 of the cost. I thought I was getting pranked. Today I got the check in the mail. I cannot believe that they did this.

I paid $1198 for the top including tax. They gave me $1,000 and I have a rebate for $25 for the purchase. In the end, I am getting my soft top for $173.

I called the representative to say thank you and he seemed like it was not a big deal. I know that it is not his money, but he did go above and beyond what I expected when I called that day.

They did make a loyal customer very pleased. I am still in shock over it. It seems that in our world, customer service no longer exists. It is very refreshing to have something like this happen.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's amazing! Nice to see loyalty rewarded with loyalty.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:40 PM
JK Super Freak

08UnlimitedSahara810

Freebies: Garage Door Opener, Flipped Interior Mirror, Drilled Mirrors (why don't they do this at the factory?) end quote

To answer your question, they did. If you look at the baseplate of your mirror where it fits tight against the door there is a small half moon there. The reason it does not let the water out immediately is that the foam gasket that keeps the water coming into the hole in the door also covers that half moon hole and slows down the drainage.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 PM
JK Freak

Talking wow

Congradulations, I now hate you........

Sorry, just Jealous, I still need to get me a soft top.... But my Bikini will do fine this summer....
Old 03-19-2008, 09:43 PM
JK Super Freak

That's a great story and just goes to show that the art of customer satisfaction is NOT a lost art.

Russ D.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Good for you! It's so good to hear things turned out so well. I get tired of all the bad news out there.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

Now if I could just get them to fix my JK transmission. I keep being told it has this characteristic of being hard and noisy to shift from 1st to 2nd. Funny thing is it didn't have this characteristic for the first 7000 miles. I've e-mailed customer service twice. The first time they had me call on the phone and talk to a rep. The second time they just ignored me altogether. Tranny still shifts like crap but Chrysler doesn't care. Two different service departments agree with me but they can't make a move without the okay from Chrysler which ain't happening.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Customer Service stepped up!