Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Christmas in July? Quadratec Catalog

Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Christmas in July? Quadratec Catalog

2 part post. First of all. I just got the Quadratec Catalog this past week. HOLY CRAP I cant stop looking through it and circling all the things that I want. Believe me, I want to just call them up and say send me 1 of each! hahahaha. Anyways, its a good read. Ive spent many hours on the John thumbing through it over and over. (I also particularly like how the majority of Jeeps in the catalog that are showing off the items are Flame Red Jeeps. makes deciding what I want easy since I can see first hand how it would look on my Jeep hahaha)

Second part of the post. The catalog went to my parents house up the road from me. Upon stopping bye, saying hello, picking up my mail etc. My mom talked to me about some things having to do with my Grandmother Passing away this last Friday. Needless to say, some of my family that will be in attendance are...some of the most interesting people you could meet. Basically my mom said that as one of the eldest cousins that if I "Ooze happiness/kindness" that come Christmas time I will be well rewarded via toys for "the Heep" (as she calls it)

So now Here I am going through that catalog and specificially circling and dog-earing pages to things that I want. Some things being: Wet Okole seat covers, Rugged Ridge Bumper, Winch, Grab Handles, Lift Kit. Basically the whole catalog Might as well offer AS MANY ideas as I can right? Now I just gotta OOOOOOOOOOZE
Old 06-21-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Super Freak

So you're being plied with rewards for being nice to your family at your grandmother's funeral? No offense, dude, but that sounds kinda off.

That said, of the things listed, I'd go with sliders and/or the TF budget bost.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "off" part is the lowering kit listing in the magazine and the 20" rims pictured on the cover. The girl is pretty hot though.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Ehh blown way out of proportion. For the most part they are nice normal people but theres a few sour apples thrown in the mix. Its one of those situations where they'll say something and leave themselves wiiiiide open to some snide or witty remark. I have a history of taking those openings out of sarcasm and fun, but they are the people that instantly take offense even if you look at them twice.

Either way, my loving most wonderful mother noticed my drooling over the Quadratec Catalog as if I was one of Pavlov's dogs being served dinner. If I keep my mouth shut basically, well, you know the story haha.

I guess you'd really just have to know them
Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

It's all good. Sounds like your mom likes to see you happy, which is great. I still vote for the sliders or the lift.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Calypso
The "off" part is the lowering kit listing in the magazine and the 20" rims pictured on the cover. The girl is pretty hot though.
Haha! Yah I showed my buddy the magazing who is possibly looking at getting a Jeep. He just got divorced and asked if the girl on the cover was available. I didn't like the 20" rims either. They looked good but I think no more than 18" would have been best.

The lowering kit on like the first page as you open the magazine was a let down. That should have been buried deep in the magazine where it will be easily skipped over. (Or even left out for that matter...or not even ever invented now that I think about its absurdity!)

Either way the catalog is thick and juicy. Just like a good steak.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
It's all good. Sounds like your mom likes to see you happy, which is great. I still vote for the sliders or the lift.
Ive had other people recommend sliders to me. I dont live where its rocky. (Houston) but having been T-boned a couple months back by a red light runner....having sliders would have prolly saved my Jeep the bodyshop and sent hers to the junkyard. Sliders are in my "things to do" list. Maybe I can get them with the bumper. Good Idea.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can Oooooooozzzzzeeeeeeeee, Do you need help!!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by millar1982
I can Oooooooozzzzzeeeeeeeee, Do you need help!!!!!
Haha yesterday my mom was telling me something and happened to mention some of my family. all i did was blurt out "IM OOZING IM OOZING!"

All she could say was "keep oozing!"

I need everyone to send me the good oozing vibes so i dont flub up this weekend! LOL. Bribery to be nice. What a trip.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawb77
. Bribery to be nice. What a trip.
years ago my father tried that tactic with me at a cousin's wedding concerning other cousins ( not the one getting married). I told him he didn't have that kind of money. They were civil enough during the ceremony but after they had the ninth or tenth drink at the reception they started getting mouthy. After so much of it I put them down so bad their dad even laughed at them.

But hey, it's for your mom, payment should not be required to keep mom happy.

Quick Reply: Christmas in July? Quadratec Catalog