Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chirp noise fixxed, Manual trans problems

Old 11-06-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
I think so. I almost freaked out when I saw the built through date. I saw Feb then I realized that it was Feb of 2008 not 2007. I guess they have plenty of parts left over that they plan on putting in other peoples JK's. I plan on dropping mine off in the next few days. I have the G40 recall, and 2 TSB's and the fan is making noise and needs to be replaced.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

My 2014 jk makes a hissing/vacuum noise while driving only. It only happens in drive when I take my foot off the accelerator. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Aggravating Chirping/squeal 2011 JK

Ok: so after reading through the previous posts, I am putting mine out there. Maybe y’all can help us trouble shoot this:
While driving my Jeep I hear a high pitch chirping/squeal only while accelerating: it doesn’t do it while I’m switching gears and slowing down.
I have had three people try to locate it. U-joints look awesome and so does the belt and pulley.
Drive shafts are barely a year old.
I can hear it slightly when inside the the Jeep, roll the window down and I can really hear it: get up to speed it seems to level out but how much of that is really tire noise covering that up.?.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

Sounds like we should all have auto's. 5 days to re/re a tranny? God almighty! I changed my 73 restomod Dodge Challenger gearbox for a Jaimie Passon 5 speed once in 1.5hours back on the road. I had an English car once and it had a grease hose from the TO bearing out to the bellhousing to put one shot of grease in per year.

Quick Reply: Chirp noise fixxed, Manual trans problems