Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 02-21-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Area-51
What color did you want/order?

Rescue Green is being discontinued, and orders being taken for it through mid March, and then its run is done. So if you ordered Rescue Green, the dealer might honestly be being truthful in that "this" Jeep may not get picked up.

Any other color though, and production will run on 2007s for several more months....and while you may certainly wait for your Jeep, provided your dealer has allocation....it should get picked up.

Which MIGHT be more to the truth if you did not order Rescue Green....this dealer may know he is not likely to get allocation anytime soon, and thus wants to make a dealer trade to get yours (even though it would not be the exact one you want). He is able to make a sale (and thus likely to get an allocation slot for someone else down the road...or another customer who has a Jeep ordered), and you can get a Rubicon now....and he can make some $$$ too.
I ordered Jeep Green. We will see what he says today when he supposedly tries for the dealer trade. If he can't do that I am going to hold out awhile yet before letting him check around for another color. He did tell me he got 9 Jeep Wranglers in the other day and 8 of them were ordered ones. Not sure what that tells me. Just thought it was weird he wouldn't tell me the city or name of the dealership that has the one I want...maybe he was lying or maybe he didn't want me to contact them and do the sale with them. Not sure why else he wouldn't tell me.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gstark77
I ordered Jeep Green. We will see what he says today when he supposedly tries for the dealer trade. If he can't do that I am going to hold out awhile yet before letting him check around for another color. He did tell me he got 9 Jeep Wranglers in the other day and 8 of them were ordered ones. Not sure what that tells me. Just thought it was weird he wouldn't tell me the city or name of the dealership that has the one I want...maybe he was lying or maybe he didn't want me to contact them and do the sale with them. Not sure why else he wouldn't tell me.
He wants the sale quite simply, and if he "tells" you the info on the Jeep before he secures the dealer trade (provided the other dealer WILL trade....this was my problem my dealer had, I found them no less than 5 Rubicons at one point before Christmas I was willing to accept....options/colors slightly off, but acceptable, and they could not secure a dealer trade....no dealer was willing to trade it...they were getting MSRP+ within days of it hitting the lot), you might contact the other dealer....and if that dealer smells a sale...well that makes it more likely they won't trade it to your dealer...and then your dealer is out of a sale.

If you really want to know, it might take you some time, but simply search for inventory in that state....starting around the larger cities, and you might be able to come across it in the online inventory.

Last edited by Area-51; 02-21-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Talking Finally moving up to speed......

Well the line is finally moving up to speed. I went from D-1 on 2-18-07 to E-F-G on 2-20-07. I guess that means it will be here soon. Finally
Hope everyone will move this fast from now on. Chris

Last edited by csims723; 02-21-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default material restrictions?

Icalled today to find the status of my 2dr Rubicon that has been in BG status for sometime. I was told that there was a material restriction, and that i had to contact my dealer. I immediately called the dealer for my emergency, and he got right back to me stating that there was not actually a material restriction, that he found the code for my jeep that it is supposed to be picked up for build march 1st or after. He did ask that if i had any codes to let him know. Of course the factory doesn't tell me much, but i figure something has to be up if they say there is a restriction. Has anyone run into this before, and what was the outcome?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepGuy
Has anyone run into this before, and what was the outcome?
I have; I'm afraid you won't like it. My Jeep bounced back and forth between BG and BX for 4 months!!!! It's been in D for about 2 weeks now. I long ago gave up trying to find anything out from the dealer, they don't know anything more than I do.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD
Frustrating, but now I know to get the VIN from him and I can call and check the status myself. AAAARRRGHHH!!!!!
Considering how long it's been since you ordered, your dealer should have a VIN!. Got mine within 10 days of order (once it went to D status!).
Old 02-21-2007, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paulp575
Considering how long it's been since you ordered, your dealer should have a VIN!. Got mine within 10 days of order (once it went to D status!).
Paulp you hit it just at the rite time . I ordered on 12/19 and i'm exactly where you are. I wonder if it's faster from Ohio to Spokane , or Ohio to Conn. thats the question . Also a 2 dr rubi.......................
Old 02-21-2007, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clubber
Paulp you hit it just at the rite time . I ordered on 12/19 and i'm exactly where you are. I wonder if it's faster from Ohio to Spokane , or Ohio to Conn. thats the question . Also a 2 dr rubi.......................
You know that if you have the railcar number (your delaer has this) you can go out the the Union Pacific RR web site and enter the railcar number and it'll tell you when it's due wherever!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paulp575
You know that if you have the railcar number (your delaer has this) you can go out the the Union Pacific RR web site and enter the railcar number and it'll tell you when it's due wherever!
I'll see if he gives that to me , i'll go there in person on saturday. There's no way to get it from the 800 # ?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clubber
I'll see if he gives that to me , i'll go there in person on saturday. There's no way to get it from the 800 # ?
You could try, but from what I've been reading on this and other fourms, they are increasingly asking callers to check with their dealers! If your dealer is really interested in making a sale, they should be very willing to help you. My dealer e-mails me every couple of days with the latest status! Although I probably won't hear anything more from him since it's due in the local rail yard the latter part of next week!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes