Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 02-19-2007, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paulp575
OK, I learn something new every day!!!
Will be asking my dealer about this!
Thanks for this great help!

After figuring out which railroad is carrying it, how do you find the correct page on that ralroad's website to track it?

Maybe a list of "Railroad tracking" websites would be great for inclusion on the FAQ thread(s)!
that entire last part was posted by jdrogers on another forum. i had the same question you did, so i google'd "union pacific", went to their webpage, clicked customers, clicked "customer section" and chose "motor vehicle trace". from there it allows you to input the equipment id. i'm guessing that's the place. i should be able to figure out more after i talk to my dealer tomorrow and have a chance to play around with this (if my jeep goes KZM).
Old 02-20-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superboo
now that i'm passed KZ, anyone know if there's a way to track transit progress of my order? or am i just left in mysterious wait?
Call your dealer and ask them for a printout of the Vin-Vision report on the vehicle. It will give you a timeline on when and where the train will be going.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Departed LORDSBURG, NM 10/16/2006 12:03:00
ETA Industry City Not Visible, State Not Visible 10/17/2006 08:36:00

So I know my JK is between Lordsburg, MN and Tucson, AZ and should be delivered off the train tomorrow at 08:36.
OK, went to that same site and input my railcar information and received the following response:

685470 37111208724523342753182P TA
*Arrived 0 343138000 AIR LINE JUNCTION AIRLINJUN OH 0 2007 02 19 18 40 00 0
L 0 0 0 NS H9 872452334 2753182 ETI
ETA Industry 0 Not Visible City Not Visible City Not Visible State Not Visible
0 2007 03 07 10 01 00 -2 L 1 711 0 CU 872452334 2753182

OK. I can see the ETA (2007-03-07), but how do I know which city that is for? Is there anything that says if that's actually Spokane WA or is it some other city on the way where it will be switched to another train?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

After figuring out which railroad is carrying it, how do you find the correct page on that ralroad's website to track it?

Maybe a list of "Railroad tracking" websites would be great for inclusion on the FAQ thread(s)!
Just did a search of railcar tracing and found one web site where you can check (http://www.rica.org/ind_info/tra_search.html). Unfortunately although they list BC Rail, Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Candian National Railway, Canadian Pacific Railway, and Union Pacific, only Union Pacific allows you to trace your railcar without actually registering for use of their system
Old 02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered a Rubicon a month ago and of course went to BG and then to BX and now back to BG. I talked to the dealer today and he said if there isn't a VIN with it at this point that he thinks they aren't going to make it. Any truth to that? He mentioned that it is nearing the end of the model year (seems more like halfway through).

After that he said he checked inventory and found some Rubicons that were a close match to what I wanted but not in the color I wanted. I said that wouldn't work and then magically he said he had found one in the color I wanted but it had a couple extra options (sirius). I asked him where it was and he said in Michigan. He then kept pinging me about what my second color choice would be. I told him to first call the other dealership that had the color I wanted and try to do a dealer trade....he kept wanting to know my second color. The funny thing about this was that he wouldn't tell me the name of the dealership that had the one I wanted...only the state. He said he didn't know the name of them but had mentioned that he called them and they were closed. I immediately jumped on that and asked how he could call the place but not know the city or name of the dealership. To make a long story short he is supposed to try to do a trade tomorrow and give me a call and let me know. Any thoughts on my situation and if they really wouldn't make my Rubicon?

Thanks!!

Stark
Old 02-20-2007, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

OK, went to that same site and input my railcar information and received the following response:

685470 37111208724523342753182P TA
*Arrived 0 343138000 AIR LINE JUNCTION AIRLINJUN OH 0 2007 02 19 18 40 00 0
L 0 0 0 NS H9 872452334 2753182 ETI
ETA Industry 0 Not Visible City Not Visible City Not Visible State Not Visible
0 2007 03 07 10 01 00 -2 L 1 711 0 CU 872452334 2753182

OK. I can see the ETA (2007-03-07), but how do I know which city that is for? Is there anything that says if that's actually Spokane WA or is it some other city on the way where it will be switched to another train?
i think "not visible" means it hasn't actually gone anywhere yet. but i'm not sure. i didn't get a chance to call this afternoon to see if i was KZM yet - i was still KZL when i dropped off a check @ the dealer today.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
Call your dealer and ask them for a printout of the Vin-Vision report on the vehicle. It will give you a timeline on when and where the train will be going.
thanks, i did that today and got an EDD of 05-march
Old 02-20-2007, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

i think "not visible" means it hasn't actually gone anywhere yet. but i'm not sure. i didn't get a chance to call this afternoon to see if i was KZM yet - i was still KZL when i dropped off a check @ the dealer today.
Dealer called me today and said it would be here on March 2nd! Then take a couple of days to get off-loaded and delivered. Said probably should be ready for my pick up around March 7th!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Talking Finally made it to D-1!!!!!!!!

Well things are moving finally at the factory. Moved to D-1 on 2-18-07. Hope things keep moving . The waaiiiittttttt is killing me. Hope everyone's progress is moving........ Chris
Old 02-21-2007, 04:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gstark77
I ordered a Rubicon a month ago and of course went to BG and then to BX and now back to BG. I talked to the dealer today and he said if there isn't a VIN with it at this point that he thinks they aren't going to make it. Any truth to that? He mentioned that it is nearing the end of the model year (seems more like halfway through).

After that he said he checked inventory and found some Rubicons that were a close match to what I wanted but not in the color I wanted. I said that wouldn't work and then magically he said he had found one in the color I wanted but it had a couple extra options (sirius). I asked him where it was and he said in Michigan. He then kept pinging me about what my second color choice would be. I told him to first call the other dealership that had the color I wanted and try to do a dealer trade....he kept wanting to know my second color. The funny thing about this was that he wouldn't tell me the name of the dealership that had the one I wanted...only the state. He said he didn't know the name of them but had mentioned that he called them and they were closed. I immediately jumped on that and asked how he could call the place but not know the city or name of the dealership. To make a long story short he is supposed to try to do a trade tomorrow and give me a call and let me know. Any thoughts on my situation and if they really wouldn't make my Rubicon?

Thanks!!

Stark

What color did you want/order?

Rescue Green is being discontinued, and orders being taken for it through mid March, and then its run is done. So if you ordered Rescue Green, the dealer might honestly be being truthful in that "this" Jeep may not get picked up.

Any other color though, and production will run on 2007s for several more months....and while you may certainly wait for your Jeep, provided your dealer has allocation....it should get picked up.

Which MIGHT be more to the truth if you did not order Rescue Green....this dealer may know he is not likely to get allocation anytime soon, and thus wants to make a dealer trade to get yours (even though it would not be the exact one you want). He is able to make a sale (and thus likely to get an allocation slot for someone else down the road...or another customer who has a Jeep ordered), and you can get a Rubicon now....and he can make some $$$ too.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes