Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 02-17-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I hope my jeep isn't on the same train as cessna's. On that pace it would take a couple months to get out here to CA. Maybe it was along for the ride with puddlz's, and now it just has to hop on a truck up here to Fresno. I don't know how this stuff works...
Old 02-19-2007, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
"I" = Built not ok'd

Call and find out what wasn't ok'd.
i'm guessing shipping-before-the-weekend-to-make-boo-happy is what wasn't "ok'd"
Old 02-19-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

Clubber's in " F " status..................

07' 2 dr Black Rubicon , 6 Speed , Soft top , Power Package , Lok Gas Cap

ordered 12/19
D-status 2/8
D1-status 2/14
F-status 2/19
Old 02-19-2007, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

now that i'm passed KZ, anyone know if there's a way to track transit progress of my order? or am i just left in mysterious wait?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Havent heard anything from my salesman so I went into the stealership and they gave me my VIN on another invoice and I found out I am in KZ status. I would have liked to know my VIN and other info a long time ago. Thanks salesman!
Old 02-19-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Just SIT BACK and enjoy the train ride. That train stops for anything and everything. This wait is almost as bad as the prebuild wait.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superboo
now that i'm passed KZ, anyone know if there's a way to track transit progress of my order? or am i just left in mysterious wait?
Only if you are a shipper, have a username, and a password.

So just sit back and wait...wait...wait...wait!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Depending on what rail company it's traveling on, I know a way to track it using their automated phone system if you have the rail car number.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paulp575
Only if you are a shipper, have a username, and a password.

So just sit back and wait...wait...wait...wait!
i found this suggesting otherwise - i'll look into it and let you know what i find:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:51 pm Post subject:

Your dealer can look this up on the "Dealer Connect" system where they enter orders. This system will provide a list of all of their order and the status for each vehicle. As part of the status "KZ" there should be a railcar listed. Something like "TTGXnnnnnn".

You can take this value to the appropriate train website and track that railcar. I don't know which company services the Northwest. My JK is coming on Union Pacific. I can go to this site and check my railcar status.

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

It tells me this:

Departed LORDSBURG, NM 10/16/2006 12:03:00
ETA Industry City Not Visible, State Not Visible 10/17/2006 08:36:00

So I know my JK is between Lordsburg, MN and Tucson, AZ and should be delivered off the train tomorrow at 08:36.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted by jdrogers

Last edited by superboo; 02-19-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

i found this suggesting otherwise - i'll look into it and let you know what i find:

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:51 pm Post subject:

Your dealer can look this up on the "Dealer Connect" system where they enter orders. This system will provide a list of all of their order and the status for each vehicle. As part of the status "KZ" there should be a railcar listed. Something like "TTGXnnnnnn".

You can take this value to the appropriate train website and track that railcar. I don't know which company services the Northwest. My JK is coming on Union Pacific. I can go to this site and check my railcar status.

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

It tells me this:

Departed LORDSBURG, NM 10/16/2006 12:03:00
ETA Industry City Not Visible, State Not Visible 10/17/2006 08:36:00

So I know my JK is between Lordsburg, MN and Tucson, AZ and should be delivered off the train tomorrow at 08:36.
OK, I learn something new every day!!!
Will be asking my dealer about this!
Thanks for this great help!

After figuring out which railroad is carrying it, how do you find the correct page on that ralroad's website to track it?

Maybe a list of "Railroad tracking" websites would be great for inclusion on the FAQ thread(s)!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes