Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 08-25-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know what they mean when they say "built to paint" "24 August estimated ship date"? The help line didn't give me an actual status code.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just called the number on page one. They have now changed it and are charging for the call. LOL. I thought it was an error or I dialed the wrong number. Nope. You have to pay to get an update it looks like. Anyway. I have my VIN now but doesnt work in the link.

Last edited by cody6597; 08-29-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Just ordered my new jeep and have a VIN. I tried the website in the thread to check the status, but can't get it to work. I called the phone number but they don't have any more information besides the fact its in D1. Here is what I entered with, removed actual vin:

_http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=23304&I NPUT_TRACEABLES={VIN_Here}&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cody6597
Just called the number on page one. They have now changed it and are charging for the call. LOL. I thought it was an error or I dialed the wrong number. Nope. You have to pay to get an update it looks like. Anyway. I have my VIN now but doesnt work in the link.
What are you talking about?? There's no charge.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

My VIN number for an order placed 8/26 still hasn't shown up when checking online (Insight). Just called the 800# and found that mine is D-1 status.

There was no charge for the inquiry, and the service rep was actually very nice in saying that they welcomed calls to check on the status. She also said that Insight is not a Chrysler-approved website and that the information on that site should not be relied upon as accurate.

Just FYI
Old 09-11-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My JKU was in D1 for two weeks, so I called in on Friday. The representative told me that my Jeep was still in D status and waiting to be built. When I checked the insight link the next day (Saturday/yesterday) the status now reads "built" and pending inspection. I don't think that the right hand is talking to the left hand in this particular situation.
Anyway, now my delivery day is two days earlier! I can't wait...
Old 10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrettDez
What are you talking about?? There's no charge.
Yep. I am not sure what happened. It was giving me a charge to access customer service for about a day and then back to normal. The first few times I called there was no charge, then boom...there it was.

Glad to see if is not the case.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrandRezake
My JKU was in D1 for two weeks, so I called in on Friday. The representative told me that my Jeep was still in D status and waiting to be built. When I checked the insight link the next day (Saturday/yesterday) the status now reads "built" and pending inspection. I don't think that the right hand is talking to the left hand in this particular situation.
Anyway, now my delivery day is two days earlier! I can't wait...
Mine was in D1 for 3 weeks and customer service was saying pending build. The next day my status changed and was on the rail car. Obviously they arent quite certain throughout the process. Anyway...I was sitting in D1 and in my drive way exactly 2 weeks later in San Antonio.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by coxc101
Just ordered my new jeep and have a VIN. I tried the website in the thread to check the status, but can't get it to work. I called the phone number but they don't have any more information besides the fact its in D1. Here is what I entered with, removed actual vin:

_http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=23304&I NPUT_TRACEABLES={VIN_Here}&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

Thanks for any help.
Yes I am having the same problem. Does anyone know how to get this to work. These are the sources I know of, the 1800 number, the jeep website (htt ps://www.jeep.com/vots/), and the link above.

How are people getting info like this?:

Route Movements Event Date Location
Completed
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 04/19/2011 06:49 AM CDT Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Current
.. Built - Pending Inspection (I) 05/02/2011 03:51 PM CDT Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Old 10-12-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Question Automated

Quick question,
In the VOTS system on jeep.com, it had a rough breakdown of where your jeep is in production. However in the vehicle info pane it lists my info as

-- Color/Seats/Trim--
-Black
-Fabric seats w headrest.

Is this reffering to the seat color or jeep color?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes