Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-29-2010, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, Here's my journey so far:

Searched about 5 dealers within 80 miles. Test drove several models, did my research and finally settled on what I wanted:

2011 JKU
Mango Tango Pearlcoat
24S Package
Tow Package
Dual Top Group
17" wheels

Dealer searched all around and found one in Jackson, Ms.(200 miles away) The dealer swap then fell through. Dealer located another south of Houston (300+ miles away). However, when they arrived here with the vehicle, it had 1700 miles on it. Told dealer, no offense but I wanted a new one. Dealer offered to order one for same money. So here's the timeline:

11/15 submitted order
11/18 dealer supplied me with both VON and VIN
11/26 Customer Service informs me that I'm in D1 Status with ship date of 12/1.

Customer service has been pitiful at best. I'm not one of those folks that calls every day, but each time I do call, I get anything from "why don't you call your dealer" to "we can't find your order" and if I hang up and call right back and get another agent, I get "Hello, Mr. S, I have your vehicle status right now and congrats on your new wrangler". I haven't gotten loud with any of them, but the wait is wearing on me. This is my first jeep and I've wanted one since I was a kid, so it's twice as hard to sit and wait and surf literally every square inch of the internet learning about jeeps, jeep history, jeep accessories, and yes even jeep etiquette. Hope they make that 12/1 ship date.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

They're going to ship it in 2 weeks?? I ordered mine on October 25th, called on Friday and they told me it hasn't even begun production yet! I have a ship date of Jan 1st! How is that possible? My dealership even said they put it on a "fast track".
Old 11-29-2010, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Djw311
They're going to ship it in 2 weeks?? I ordered mine on October 25th, called on Friday and they told me it hasn't even begun production yet! I have a ship date of Jan 1st! How is that possible? My dealership even said they put it on a "fast track".
Well, to clarify, they are only SAYING they are going to ship Wednesday. But I guess D1 status in that time frame is not too shabby at all. Hard to gripe about it when I've seen folks on this thread waiting for months, but I'll gripe anyway. Waiting would be easier if DC would communicate with customers (either from the dealership or factory).
Old 12-01-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Called DC today to see if Jeep actually shipped. The guy said, "yes, it is scheduled to be shipped today", but had no further information. Said it should be at my dealership tomorrow afternoon. Now let's examine the sheer physics of that: Toledo to Baton Rouge. 1062 miles and 16.5 hours driving if you drove it straight through. If they're going to lie, at least make it believable. Hey, it's entertaining at least.

I'll hang up now.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Angry

Let me know if it actually shipped. If you got your Jeep in 2 weeks, I'm gonna be pissed and go cause a scene at my dealership.

I've had a journey kinda like yours. I wanted Mango Tango Sahara with Nav, manual transmission, and Dual tops...They did a search and found one in New Jersey at a dealership that they have done many trades with. Said they would have it in 24-48 hrs. That turned into 72 hours, then it turned into..."We're sorry, they screwed us and sold it instead of trading it to us. We'll have to order you one." So here I am...a month later, and I can't get a solid answer out of anyone about when I'm getting my Jeep. Honestly I'm ready to walk away from the whole damn thing.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Djw311
Let me know if it actually shipped. If you got your Jeep in 2 weeks, I'm gonna be pissed and go cause a scene at my dealership.

I've had a journey kinda like yours. I wanted Mango Tango Sahara with Nav, manual transmission, and Dual tops...They did a search and found one in New Jersey at a dealership that they have done many trades with. Said they would have it in 24-48 hrs. That turned into 72 hours, then it turned into..."We're sorry, they screwed us and sold it instead of trading it to us. We'll have to order you one." So here I am...a month later, and I can't get a solid answer out of anyone about when I'm getting my Jeep. Honestly I'm ready to walk away from the whole damn thing.
Did they give you a VIN # or VON #? I got both of those two days after I placed the order. I also put $500 down on it. I can't get the stealership to return a phone call, but I've been calling DC every single day for an update....even if the update is somewhat suspect, it's better than nothing.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I have both numbers. I call the DC too, but every time I call I get a half assed answer. I called last Friday and they said it hasn't started production yet, but would ship 1/1/11. Called Monday because I didn't like that answer, and they said it's begun production, but they couldn't tell me where it was in the process and didn't know when it would ship. My dealership has all but forgotten about me. But I didn't sign anything for this Jeep and haven't put any money down. Nothing is stopping me from walking away and buying the nice Mango Tango Sport at a nearby dealership that already has the mods done to it that I'll end up doing anyway.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I would strongly consider going to someone who really wants your business. My dealership might not communicate but at least they keep their promises (so far). You probably could've had one by now elsewhere.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

The dealership actually called me today and said it'll ship on Dec 20th.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Confirmed with both dealer and DC that it shipped. Said it could take up to two weeks to get here. Guess we'll see.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes