Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 09-27-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK.....i orderd my 2011 Unlimited Sahara Tan w/ tan top. on the 20th of september and they say the ship date is 10-9-10.
we'll see when it realy comes in.....

Last edited by HPX500; 09-27-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HPX500
OK.....i orderd my 2011 Unlimited Sahara Tan w/ tan top. on the 20th of september and they say the ship date is 10-9-10.
we'll see when it realy comes in.....
I ordered my Rubi a week after you. Did you get the new beast yet?
Old 10-23-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

My Unliminited Rubicon order went in on 10/1 and as of last Wednesday (10/20) mine was built and waiting final inspection before shipment. My dealer thinks it might be in by the end of next week.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mcdona90
I ordered my Rubi a week after you. Did you get the new beast yet?
No!.....I'm still waiting
They say it will be in no later then the 21st of November
Old 10-28-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Just called Jeep 10-28-10....
my jeep is built and is in storage and will be shipped in 30 days...wtf!!!
put it on a truck!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Window Sticker

I'm sure everyone knows this already, but I noticed that if you pull up an existing JK's window sticker online and replace the VIN with your VIN it will give you your JK window sticker. I've been patiently waiting for my 2011 Sahara and now can at least make sure i've ordered the right stuff.

I'm only posting this because I've been trying for a few days to figure this out.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=
Old 10-29-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HPX500
Just called Jeep 10-28-10....
my jeep is built and is in storage and will be shipped in 30 days...wtf!!!
put it on a truck!!!!
I'm with you on this one. I called on a vehicle that my dealer found on a dealer locate. I showed on the Jeep website as 'in transit' and the dealer located showed it in KZ status (Released from plant, Invoiced).

When I called the number I talked to a rep that said that it had in fact been released and invoiced (KZ status) on 10/18/2010 and that there was no way to estimate the arrival any better than 'within 30 days'.

Basically once they release it, it's up to the carrier to pick it up and bring it to your dealer. I'm sure the decisions on which vehicles get loaded each day are made by a logistics computer (or manager) to ensure the most efficient loading and delivery (thereby ensuring maximum profits for the carrier).

I believe the 30 day number is given as a maximum and would imagine that Chrysler has that as a constraint on the carrier to ensure no released inventory gets left on the storage lot for an extended period of time. In addition, the 'clock' starts to run on the dealer once it is invoiced. I believe most dealers get 90 days interest free on their floor plan (financing) for their new car inventory and that clock starts ticking on the day a vehicle is invoiced. Dealers wouldn't be happy if cars sat in storage for 60 days after invoicing.

Mine hasn't arrived yet (11 days since KZ) but since it is coming to Kentucky from Toledo I would imagine it's just a matter of getting it on the truck one morning and it will be here.

As a side note - I've been considering getting my CDL and dressing up as a automobile freight carrier driver for Halloween. I wonder if they would let me onto the lot in Toledo and point the way to my new Mango Tango?

Worst thing? I only 'bought' mine last Friday after deciding on Mango Tango over special ordering Bright White and I'm already about to DIE!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure if this is a benefit or being (somewhat) close to Toledo, or perhaps it was just the options I chose that sped up the build process, but mine is being delivered to the dealer after hours today and will be ready for me to pick up at noon tomorrow. Almost 29 days to the hour after it was ordered!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Lucky! Enjoy your new toy.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Containment Lots

Well - I didn't special order my Jeep. Instead I decided on a color that had some stock for the new 2011's (from the first few allocations). I had originally thought about special ordering white until I saw the Bright White on a new GC. Decided then that I didn't like that as well as the stone white from the past.

Decided on Mango Tango for my new 2011 Sahara.

I looked around a bit using the inventory search on the Jeep.com site and found that there were a few around. I checked options and found one that was very close by that had the things that were 'must haves' (Trailer Tow, Hard Top, Connectivity, Automatic). It happened to have the dual top group, remote start and trak-loc but I would have bought a soft top (or TrekTop) eventually anyway so that extra cost didn't bother me and the remote start would be OK on those cold days in the work parking lot.

I didn't call the dealer that that Jeep was being shipped to because I wanted to buy from another dealer that I had done a lot of Nissan business with (and used to dealer trade with when I was in the business). I was selling my Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (2001) and needed to clear up some recalls so I had a trip scheduled to get those done and planned on talking to my salesman while there.

We took a test drive and I saw a Mango Tango Unlimited 2011 and was locked in on color. I told him what 'must haves' I needed and they ran a dealer locate and confirmed that the closest one was the one I had been looking at via the Jeep website inventory search. Pretty cool that the vehicle inventory search was as good as the dealer locate (but too bad you can't specify options in addition to trim packages to narrow your search).

Anyhow - we talked and after getting a 'no' on getting any of the hold back (was shooting for 2% under Invoice) I just said "Well, I'll use my Preferred Pricing (FFP) through Tread Lightly - 1% under invoice and make it easy.

I told the salesman that I had a 99 Wrangler SE with 60K miles on it but I didn't think they would be able to give me enough to make it worth my while to trade it. I didn't have it with me but we talked to the used car manager and he ran some numbers looking at auction sales prices for Jeeps like my 99. Turns out we settled on a number that exactly matched what I paid for my 99 Wrangler 5 years ago - so I was good.

We wrote it up and they called the 'other' dealer to see if the Jeep had arrived (it showed on the Jeep.com website inventory search as 'in transit'). I was hoping that the system was just running behind and that it was acutually there.

No such luck. I figured I would wait hoping that it would just be a few days. I mean Kentucky and Ohio aren't that far apart so I figured literally a couple days.

That was Friday 10/22. The Jeep went KZ on 10/18. Today is 11/4 and it sits lonely on the containment lot in Fisherville, KY (only a few miles from the delivery dealer and a few more from me).

It's excruciating - - - I would have never made it through a full custom order wait. It would have killed me.

Bummer is that the freight agent will not allow the delivering dealer to go pick it up. They have offered to go get it so they could go ahead with the dealer trade but the freight company will not release it under any circumstances.

So here I sit - waiting. I thought I would post my rant to make myself feel better. I'll continue hoping that maybe today (did that all day yesterday too), then tomorrow I'll do the same. Then the weekend will probably come and be the 3rd painful weekend without my new Jeep.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes