Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 03-05-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...i just want to see silvertoy get his 'rig'. and then im bailing out of this thread.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rripror
...i just want to see silvertoy get his 'rig'. and then im bailing out of this thread.
Well thanks man.

I swung by the dealer today and he said they were trying to figure out where my Jeep was and they said they would call me back. They didn't.

This will make my 6th Jeep, starting with a 1980 J10. I special ordered this one because I wanted exactly this vehicle and no dealers had anything like it.

I had originally thought it would take 6-8 weeks because that's what the dealer told me. Which I was fine with, I have special ordered in the past and that was about the norm (even my last MINI cooper S which came from Europe only took 7 weeks vs. the Toledo plant which is a 5 hour drive).

What's really chapping my ar$e is the fact that my dealer just stinks at communication, and to make matters worse, Chrysler just refuses to help find my vehicle and I keep getting bogus dates for pickup and keep wasting my time.

To make it worse, we had a "little" snow this last month and I timed the sale of my 2008 based on what the dealer claimed was my first firm ship date (2/4), so that I would not be without a 4x4 in the middle of the winter since I have no choice but to go to work, regardless of weather. The wife's minivan doesn't do to well in 36" of snow. So now I have 2 drivers in my household and 1 car while I wait for this one to come in. That explains some of my frustration.

I know eventually it will arrive, and I'll probably still get it once I see it, I just want someone to tell me why it went back to the plant after a month and was re-released, while other Jeeps ordered after mine continued to roll into the dealership. Was something damaged that needed repair or something else that went wrong? Heck, where is it even? I really was excited, the hassle has just dampened a good portion of that excitement.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I called on my est. ship date of the 4th, it had not shipped. I called again and now I'm KZ or KZL (I can't remember because I was so bummed it hadn't shipped). I am now anticipating April 1st. April Fools Day..go figure Does that sound about right?

One more question. I read on here that people are having Jeeps shipped from Toledo. Is that Toledo, OH? Is that where all US Wranglers are built? The last few times I called, I was told mine was built in the US because first character of the VIN was a 1. I was also told some other character of the VIN indicated the plant, but the guy couldn't tell me which one.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Waiting
When I called on my est. ship date of the 4th, it had not shipped. I called again and now I'm KZ or KZL (I can't remember because I was so bummed it hadn't shipped). I am now anticipating April 1st. April Fools Day..go figure Does that sound about right?

One more question. I read on here that people are having Jeeps shipped from Toledo. Is that Toledo, OH? Is that where all US Wranglers are built? The last few times I called, I was told mine was built in the US because first character of the VIN was a 1. I was also told some other character of the VIN indicated the plant, but the guy couldn't tell me which one.
Yep, Toledo, OH.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

...'silvertoy', did you start this thread?

...sorry man.

...here's a pic to remind you of what you're waitin' for.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tonto 1 re-size.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	38379  
Old 03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had an est. ship date of 3/4. I called on the Thursday the 4th. It hadn't shipped. No change. I called on Friday the 5th. The est. ship date was still the 4th. Me and Rep were, like, WTF?!?. I called today, Monday the 8th, and the Rep tells me it's at the dealer. Before I could respond to that news, all call was coming in from the dealer. I dropped the Chrysler Rep and picked up the dealer's call. The dealer said the Jeep just came in. Holy, mother F'er, God damn!
I ordered on 2/12 and it's here 3/8. Wow! Now, I really, sincerely, feel bad for Silvertoy.
I ordered a locking gas cap and fuel filler door. Those items are not in. I have no idea why not. I told them I would wait to take delivery when everything I ordered is together. I am supposed to get a call tomorrow to get and ETA on the cap and door.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

...'waiting' is no longer waiting. yes, let the 'mods' begin. congrats.

...hang in there 'silvertoy'.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Question Same phone number ???

Is the phone number if the first post still correct??

I am guessing this is the only way to track status other then the dealer.

I ordered a 4Dr Red Rock Sahara the end of Feb.

In a week or so, I will probably check to see where it is at.

jjw
ND
Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rripror
...'waiting' is no longer waiting. yes, let the 'mods' begin. congrats.

...hang in there 'silvertoy'.
LOL, it's just getting comical at this point. My latest updated estmated arrival date was 3/8, yesterday (the original ship date was 2/4 with estimated delivery being 2/9) so I called in to see if it had arrived. The good news is that I actually spoke to someone at the dealership this time before I showed up. The bad news is that they pushed my delivery date out another 10 days, lol.

There was some movement on it, but the interesting thing is that it shipped via rail (instead of via truck like they usually do to this dealership). Which is unfortunate, because it shipped on 2/26 from Toledo storage and just arrived in Philly (1 hour away) 3/8 at that rail destination, now it goes via another train to NJ just outside of NYC (1.5 hours away). Where supposedly it will catch a truck back to PA.

We had to put my dog down yesterday, the family is pretty much destroyed right now because of it, so it may be good that I don't have to deal with picking up the vehicle right now, although, with a garage full of mods awaiting a donor, having the Jeep here may be just what I need to get my mind off of things.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

...silvertoy, that is a bummer. we're 'dog people' over here too ( german shepherd and two chihuahuas ) my condolences...

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes