Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 02-26-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertoy
OH I know, . I went over there again today and this time my dealer actually had time to talk to me , and they ship date has been updated (likely snow related) and it will not be in until sometime next week now. Ah well, as long as we don't have any more major snow storms in the next week, I can go another week without a payment.

I keep speaking too soon. At this point the Jeep has still not arrived. They are using the Insight site to keep track of it, but something is fishy as it keeps bouncing around from yard to yard and then back. The dealer has been even printing out the insight sheets for me about once a week when I come to pick it up, only to find out that they pushed it out again.

The insight site said it would be there the 9th, went... No car,
then it showed an update that it would arrive the 15th, went... No car,
then it showed an update that it would arrive the 19th, went... No car,
then it showed an update that it would arrive the 22nd, went... No car,
then it showed an update that it would arrive the 25th, went... No car,
then it showed an update that it would arrive the 26th, went... No car but now it says it got on a rail car, which it wasn't even supposed to do because it's so close anyway.

Now it's gone to some lot in New Jersey, and the funny thing is that it actually wen't right past our area to get there. Now it claims it will Arrive on March 8th, it's sitting an hour away, this is rediculous.

What ticks me off is that another Jeep that the dealer ordered 4 weeks after I ordered mine for their own inventory (not even for a customer) went via truck and arrived 2 days ago to the dealership and mine went past me via rail to some holding lot instead of coming via truck like it should have.

I work in manufacturing, and I have to say that if we built one of our products (which sometimes cost as must or more as a new vehicle) and then let it sit in our warehouse for a month before finally shipping it to the customer, we would go out of business in a matter of months. They need to get thier act together.

I'm thinking of cancelling my order just on principal. In PA they can't keep your deposit anyway. The only reason I haven't is because then the dealer would get stuck with it, although they haven't been 100% on the ball either. They keep scheduling my customer pick ups and not letting me know that the vehicle never came or returning my calls when I ask if it's in. Then I come in and they tell me it's not there and are nice enough to print the update.

Does anyone have an employee pricing number I can use so I can stick it to Chrysler for all the trouble they've caused me.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

...sooner than that would be my guess 'waiting'. things might be a little slow in toledo. green ruby...nice.

...looks like tomorrow is the day i'll be picking her up. Sat. the 27th.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

...holy sh!t 'silvertoy', what a drag! I wish you luck.

... found out tonight my tires and wheels are on backorder for 2.5 weeks.

...patience is a virtue
Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

...she's in the driveway! 15 miles on the OD and i gotta say this is one freakin' cool little stump jumper.

...i certainly don't mean to rub it in to the guy's and gal's who are having a more difficult time getting their jeeps, but the whole transaction at the dealership i went with has been just fantastic.

...my salesman, the finance guy and the regional big wig that i was introduced to today ( and who just happened to be in town the week i ordered it and in fact was the guy who made the quick delivery of my rig happen ) were just fantastic.

...hang in their guy's it'll be worth the wait when you climb in this badboy.

...heres some proof of purchase.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	37870   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	37871  
Old 02-27-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Phone or Online Checking...

Is the toll free number still the way to check status or can one check online???

Just starting this process. The Hardtop shortage issues have me worried though.

jjw
ND
Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep hit the ground today!

Guess's who's jeep showed up today! mine! yay. Didn't get to take it cause i didn't know about it untill about 4pm today, so kinda crappy couldn't get my insurance ready, but look out tomorrow! 2010 white sahara is going to be mine! Went to dealership to check up on her, took a few pix hope you like. Will take some non camera phone pix soon!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	38141   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	38142   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	38143  
Old 03-03-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

...there it is man! that is the first white sahara i've seen. very sharp.

...congrats reload, the waiting is over.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Still waiting here, something has gone terribly wrong with my order I feel. I have been to the dealership abou 8 times to pick up my Jeep so far. We schedule a delivery based on the insight estimated ship date, then I call ahead to ask if it's there, but no-one ever returns my calls so I just show up, only to find it's not there, then the dealer re-prints the transportation itinerary, which usually shows it will be in a couple of days.... wash... rinse... repeat....

The fishiest part is that it was KZ on the 4th then it went JS, back around etc... But now the itinerary is showing that it didn't go to KZ until the 25th of Feb. So I think it fell off the truck or wouldn't start and they had to re-build, but no-one can tell me where my vehicle actually is because the transportation itinerary has been less than accurate thus far.

I called Chrysler and they said that it shows my vehicle has already been delivered and that my warranty is ticking away, so I should call my dealer to make them fix it. Then my dealer states, "how could I have delivered a vehicle that I don't have, they're obviously wrong".

If I don't have it by Monday I'm going to tell them to shove it.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks buddy, i'm really loving it, can't wait to take the top off! c'mon spring where are you.

Originally Posted by rripror
...there it is man! that is the first white sahara i've seen. very sharp.

...congrats reload, the waiting is over.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thread is painful. Chill out and you Jeep will be there when it gets there. My 2010 should arrive in the third week of March, just in time for my birthday.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes