Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 05-15-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had issues getting through to someone useful via the 800# lately? I've been trying all week and keep getting the automated/voice guided system and it dumps me over to the offshore callcenter and they tell me they can only look at my case but not actually check the status or get any updated dates/times.

Anyone find a way around this? Is there a different option I need to be asking for? (Currently just say "something else" and then "i have a ref #" and then enter the # and I end up at the offshore center).

I tried calling my dealer but they're completely useless and never get back to me :(
Old 05-15-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

ordered 4/1
estimated ship date: 5/15

430pm CST - G status.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

hogads, been having the same problem myself. i'd been given an estimated ship date of 5/13 and d-1 status for weeks now. called my dealer again and as usual, only say 3-4 weeks from ship date.
i called ccc on 5/13 & the guy at the call center told me to call my dealer for good news. told him he could tell me himself but insisted my dealer should do it. of course, dealer didn't know what i was talking about.
today, ccc said set for delivery then delivering to dealer in a few days. he didn't know what i was referring to regarding railcar #s or anything about codes.
anyone have connections at ccc that can help us out?????
Old 05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called today and got someone useful. He asked if I had called before, I said yes, and he asked if there was a case open and I said no. He seem pretty ticked off at that, he was like, let me open one for you so you can get less of a hassle next time. I've called 3 times now and this was the most useful person that I talked to yet. He gave me the impression that he was US based, but still could be overseas, the others that I talked to were not US based.

Keep trying....you also have to call before 5pm EST...you can alway try to go through the recall option. I got to someone there and they gave me a status.

Good luck
Old 05-15-2008, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

all I can say is if you got the my gig it may take a bit longer. hogads you ordered from lithia before me and I ordered at phil long jeep without the gig and I have been driving mine for a couple of weeks. as for the call center every time I got a non english speaking person that took 30 minutes to translate what I was saying I would and I encourage you all to file a formal complaint when Jeep calls you. I told them that it was an awful experience and to keep those jobs in america! I would recomend hanging up if its a sourced out call and keep trying til you get an american and they will agree with your frustration and note the complaint and they will also get the info you want in about ten seconds.. good luck
Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Well, it's good to hear that some people are still getting through to the US callcenter... I'll definitely have to keep trying.

I have been actually calling and hanging up but I usually do that within the first 5 seconds... if you get the # prompts (the answering voice says "You've reached Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep...") then I go ahead and do the prompts as outlined in this thread but if i get the voice prompts (Thank you for calling Chrystler, here are your choices: You can say "Recall"...) I hang up usually, because once you say "other" and "i have a ref #" and put it in... you get offshored.

I think I might try the recall thing next maybe because it sounds like someone had luck there.

And Colo - you're probably right there... either that or the Tan seats, those are pretty rare too it seems so maybe they take longer, who knows.

I did call Lithia (my dealer) again - yesterday I talked to my sales guy and he said he'd call back but never did (he's worthless) so this time I asked for a sales manager and got a guy (Tracy) who actually did call me back but still didn't have information and claimed he couldn't find it in the computer and the Chrystler people told him they'd call him back Monday so I'm supposed to hear back from him then... better than nothing, if he actually has some news.

Anyway - thanks for all the posts back, good to see this thread isn't completely dead
Old 05-16-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Colo - Is that pic with the 2.5" BB and the KM2's? I thought the tires looked different than that... or is that before all those mods?
Old 05-17-2008, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

yes before most of the mods. I am done and have fresh pics. i have to wait for my wife to get home on monday to down load and post em. Im an idiot when it comes to the pc. but I can tell you it looks pretty good. any word on yours?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

today, ccc said my jeep is in kzl code status---built & awaiting first rail departure.
how long is rail departure taking these days, anyone know????
the waiting is killing me!!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marlettx
today, ccc said my jeep is in kzl code status---built & awaiting first rail departure.
how long is rail departure taking these days, anyone know????
the waiting is killing me!!!!
Mine was on the Rail on 4-16, hit the dealer on 4-28, mine had to go to Calif first, then to NV.

PS mine doesn't even look that new anymore, Damm thing is fun to get dirty.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes