Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 02-28-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just called our REDROCK is in KZ status
Old 02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Default New to Forum

Hello everyone. Ordered my new Jeep on 1/29/08. This thread has some great info. I just called today, and it is listed as D-1 status. The dealer gave me 3/15/08 as the estimated ship date. It would be great if it was faster.

I am getting a Wrangler X 23S pkg with Hardtop and towing pkg in Flame Red. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by colinmerry
I'm officially leaving this forum - thanks to all for the support and words of wisdom throughout my wait

My JK arrived at the dealership yesterday afternoon and I was driving her home within a few hours! A special thanks goes out to my salesperson (Erin at Bellevue Chrysler Jeep, WA state) - she went above and beyond even to the point of going down to the railyard to pick up my Jeep in person so I could have it yesterday. If she had just waited for the truck to deliver it then I would not have had it until Monday.

Cheerio everyone!
There must be some type of sales incentive for February. My salesperson also said that he will go down to the delivery yard and pick up my Jeep so I can have it tomorrow instead of Saturday.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Question Should I be complaining?

Okey here's the deal: ordered a 2-door Sahara on 1/11/08 and it hit D1 status a couple of weeks ago with a ship date of 2/14. I've only checked in with the dealer twice.

They told me it'd take about 10 days to get here, sometimes less. Well, today is 14 days from the 14th when it shipped - according ot the dealer this morning. So...what the?!?!?

I'm suprised to see so many poeple writing about thier dealers calling them with status updates - do I have a lazy dealer? I'm thinking the dude is mildly annoyed that I didn't want financing or any bs and am only paying invoice? Dunno, is invoice price normal on a JK? What kind of deals are others getting? Full sticker? Invoice? There haven't been any special offers since I've been shopping jeeps for the last few months.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Dawg
There must be some type of sales incentive for February. My salesperson also said that he will go down to the delivery yard and pick up my Jeep so I can have it tomorrow instead of Saturday.
that may not be the case. it is the end of the month and if you know anything about car sales, they work on a monthly pay scale. most salesmen have to cover their monthly salary (actually called a draw) and anything over their draw is gravy.

quick example: let's say your salesman's draw is $1200/mo. and he makes $900 in commission in february, he only gets paid $1200 for the month.....but if he makes $2500 in commission for the month, he only gets paid the $2500, the draw is not paid.

plus, they may get bonuses for every 5th car in the month (or something similar). so if your salesman has 14 cars sold this month and he needs one sale for a big bonus.....you guessed it.....he wants that car off the lot tomorrow even more than you do.

on saturday, he starts from scratch.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Dealer called me this morning....I have a ship date of 3/13! It's becoming almost real now. Said it should be at the dealer within 10 days from then, so I am looking at March 23 to take her home (with luck).
Old 02-29-2008, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeep Virgin
What kind of deals are others getting? Full sticker? Invoice? There haven't been any special offers since I've been shopping jeeps for the last few months.
Fortunately, my brother-in-law works for Chrysler Financial, so I got full Employee Pricing. My dealer also told me that he locked in 0% for me, but over 36 months. It was an offer that was out there in Dec when I ordered it. I'm hoping I don't get a surprise when I pick it up....unless the surprise is for the better, like 0% for 60 months.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

I just called my dealer and got my Railcar # TTGX987503 that my jeep is on now I can track it across the country! Only two weeks left. Is it me or is time going slower now.

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp
Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Well, I just called my dealer and layed into them pretty good about still being in D status for almost a month now. He is getting the regional sales director involved and hopefully getting this thing moved into D1 shortly.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Woo hoo! Got the D-1 email today! Dealer says that the "ship date" is 3/13, but believes that this is actually the date it'll start to be built. Means a late March / early April arrival to the dealer lot. And found out that our house will be closing on April 2nd, so we'll actually have the funds to pay cash! Woo hoo!

Oh, and my condolences, aniemeier. I'm sure it'll be going to D-1 soon!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes