Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 02-27-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my Rubi Mon. and man I love this thing. Was concerned about the gearing but it's perfect. At 70mph it's taching 2500rpm's. Very quiet the only thing I noticed was that it wants to wander alittle on the highway. Put on some Pro Comp tires and wheels yesterday and am working on my Teraflex 2.5 lift today. For those waiting, it's worth the wait!

Jeep green Rubi, 2 dr, 6 spd, tow, conv. grp, tint.

Ordered 9/7/07
home-2/25/08
Old 02-27-2008, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

congrats tlenz, 'bout time huh? I know you're going to post some pics.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SWPilot3
Has anyone heard about any specific components being unavailable? Hard Tops, MyGIG, Manual Transmissions, etc?
the latest issue of Automotive Resources International automobile production report dated February 22 shows no holdups of any components at all. They have posted the following lead times for the Wrangler:
Jeep Wrangler 4x2 models have a 10-12 week lead time
4x4 models have a 12-14 week lead time.
Patience should be your modification.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Cool Thanks!

Thanks RubiCajun for hunting down that info about the lead times! I'll need to see about getting some patience training! Hopefully I'll be posting some pics of my Rubi sometime in May.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey no problemeaux, been dere, dun dat. the last six months of last year were a nightmare for all jeep orders but especially rubi's. there were lots of rumors of equipment holdups, shortages, mygig problems, etc. most of these rumors were started by a few dealers who knew how long it would take for an order to come in, but decided, because of greed, to lie to the customers and then continue lying to cover up for the extended times. it was problamatic to say the least. The site i mentioned in my post above proved all the rumors wrong and a lot of the folks here started challenging the dealers. some people cancelled their orders. anywho read up on this stuff here, it'll help out. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...postcount=3541. good luck to all of ya'll. pass this info on when you leave the waiting room.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Once your order goes to D status how long does it usually take for delivery?
Old 02-27-2008, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

You actually need D-1 status to get some dates. D status is unfortunately still sorta limbo because your waiting for them to schedule your gate line onto the factory line. Once you hit D-1 you should have at least a scheduled build date which takes about two days to build your Jeep, or you should have an estimated ship date.

I know people who sat in D status for 50+ days. I was in D status for 35 days. I have seen people go from D to D-1 in 2 days. Once you hit D-1 there is no going back.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

My dealer left a message for me tonight. My Rubicon is now in state and could be at the dealer and ready for delivery on Friday. I'm hopin'.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Talking Cheerio

I'm officially leaving this forum - thanks to all for the support and words of wisdom throughout my wait

My JK arrived at the dealership yesterday afternoon and I was driving her home within a few hours! A special thanks goes out to my salesperson (Erin at Bellevue Chrysler Jeep, WA state) - she went above and beyond even to the point of going down to the railyard to pick up my Jeep in person so I could have it yesterday. If she had just waited for the truck to deliver it then I would not have had it until Monday.

Cheerio everyone!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

I will be leaving here soon just called and I am in KZM its on the railcar!!!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes