Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 01-22-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then again I'm not sure that mine will ever see a train; it might just get trucked around! I would just like to see it when it first arrives so I can inspect it before the dealer puts their grubby hands all over it...
Old 01-22-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

So has anyone else in here place thier order in December? I'm currently at BG as of today I thought it would have moved a little faster than this.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aniemeier
So has anyone else in here place thier order in December? I'm currently at BG as of today I thought it would have moved a little faster than this.
yes, my order was placed around dec. 13th. i still believe that your wait will be longer for the almighty rubicon.

well, i got some good news yesterday. here, have a beer and some popcorn .

i stated last week that i was in BX and my dealer was scheduled to speak with his chrysler rep. the next day in an attempt to "push my sold order through."

he said he was going to tell them about my family's loyalty to jeep products. i have owned 2 grand cherokees and this will be my 3rd wrangler, my wife drives a liberty, my dad has had 4 grand cherokees, and my sister has had 2 grand cherokees. he said he was also going to tell them that i need wheels by the end of my lease (feb. 4th) and that i was also considering a "GM product."

anyway, i was questioning the validity of this "chrysler rep." story. i didn't think a dealer could push an order through........but he called me yesterday and said that his meeting was successful and i am now in D status and i have a VIN!

i was given a free 10-day lease extention by chrysler (feb.14th ) and he told me that he is "pretty sure" that i will have my sahara by then.........and if not, it will be close enough that they could give me a loaner for a few days.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteelMastiff
Then again I'm not sure that mine will ever see a train; it might just get trucked around! I would just like to see it when it first arrives so I can inspect it before the dealer puts their grubby hands all over it...
hey steel, CS told me that they didn't have that info, but I think I was talking to a newby. I'd call your dealer and talk to any salesman or the manager. they can get on the Dealer Direct system and give you the number. seems to me that even if it's being trucked that they would have some method of tracking the shipment. good luck.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Yea I spoke with my dealer about "pushing the order thru" and they said it's not gonna happen. Supposedly it's harder to get a Rubicon thru the system faster. They even did a dealer search of over 1100 dealers out there, and nobody had the exact jeep I wanted in stock.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey steel, i just looked at the status codes and i think this code may be used for a truck shipment.
KZ OH - all other "O" type carrier codes
Old 01-22-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aniemeier
Yea I spoke with my dealer about "pushing the order thru" and they said it's not gonna happen. Supposedly it's harder to get a Rubicon thru the system faster. They even did a dealer search of over 1100 dealers out there, and nobody had the exact jeep I wanted in stock.
hey aniemeier post what you ordered, color, options, etc. and i'll do a search here down south for ya if you'd like.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered an Unlimited Rubi, Rescue green, 6spd, power windows/locks, tow pkg, mygig, and dual tops. Thanks...
Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default how long in JS status?

I'm wondering how long many of you were in JS status with an unlimited rubicon?
I've been JS since 1/14/08. What is an average wait from JS to delivery?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chicky_regal
I'm wondering how long many of you were in JS status with an unlimited rubicon?
I've been JS since 1/14/08. What is an average wait from JS to delivery?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
JS status is "shipped to storage". never heard of anyone going to that status. that seems strange to me. i'd definately talk to your dealer. maybe if there is not a railcar available they would ship it to storage. most go straight to one of the KZ codes after D-1. i've seen a couple go to F or G.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes