Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 12-21-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I got mine out of the plant before the Christmas break.

One thing I noticed was that once I went KZ my VIN worked in the jeep.com web page. If you go to the “For Owners” page and enter you VIN you’ll get your recall information, etc. Before KZ status I only got “Not a valid VIN”.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well guys... it is with a very rapidly-beating heart that I must bid the waiting room "adieu". It has been almost therapeutic having others to talk to while awaiting the arrival of my Rubi. I don't know what to say, except that everyone here has been very helpful in keeping me sane during the 6-1/2 month torture, and I can't thank you enough. With that said...

THIS THING ROCKS!!!

I am very impressed so far. I went over it with a fine-toothed comb before I drove it off the lot, found no problems, and drove it home The ride is smooth, the MyGig rocks, and the heater would drive out the devil. Now I am back at work, and can see it in the parking lot outside my window. I was so close to giving up on my order, and I am gald I didn't... I love this Jeep. I don't mean to rub it in for those who are still waiting, but trust me... when you drive it for the first time, you'll forget all about it. It just sucks that i had to go back to work. On the way back to work, I contemplated finding a trail to hit. Alas, there are no legal trails close by, and I was not trying to get busted for jumping into the first dirt I saw.

Keep the faith, my Jeepin' brethren (and sistren). One day you too shall know my joy, as I now know the joy of those before me. So sayeth the Gloworm.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Gloworm19 - congrats. I expected a pic to show up in the gap in the middle of your post, but nothing happended.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joe002
Gloworm19 - congrats. I expected a pic to show up in the gap in the middle of your post, but nothing happended.
I was pausing for dramatic effect
Old 12-22-2007, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
I was pausing for dramatic effect
Yeah, It was a dramatic letdown.

I’m sure we’ll see some pics one you get out of work!
Old 12-22-2007, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am off at 0100 after two 18-hour days. Pics will have to wait until I get some sleep... and some daylight!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
I am off at 0100 after two 18-hour days. Pics will have to wait until I get some sleep... and some daylight!
Congrats Glo....".looks like the worm has definetely turned for you". ya know you could sleep in your rubi and takes some pics before you go to bed.......you planning any mods?
Old 12-22-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiCajun
Congrats Glo....".looks like the worm has definetely turned for you". ya know you could sleep in your rubi and takes some pics before you go to bed.......you planning any mods?
Thanks, Cajun. Yeah I could sleep in it, but I'd still have to go home to get pics. Don't have a camera here at work. Plus, I don't want parking lot pics. I need to find something to climb onto for a little poser sexy-flex! maybe the hood of my GF's Acura?

Planning some mods, but likely won't do those until after my YJ is done (gonna do a 1" BL and 4" suspension lift, winch, 33" tires, plus a few other things). I have a buddy with access to a steel shop, tools, cutters, and materials, so I may try to fab up my own bumpers on the cheap. I like some of that the aftermarket has to offer, but nothing really seems to be exactly what I want for the JK. I'll try to make some for the YJ, and if it works, I'll make some for the Rubi as well.

After "Project YJ" is done, I'll really start modding the Rubi. For now, I plan to put on a 2.5" Teraflex BB, just to get it off the ground. I liek the Rubi, but it looks kinda low to the ground. Not sure exatcly what I want to do with the Rubi... definitely looking for ideas!

So many things I could do to the JK, if only I could do them all!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:49 AM
JK Freak

Gloworm; can't wait to see the pics, looks like we have the same options other than exterior color...
Old 12-23-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Need advice...

I have a 6 speed on order that I am really excited about. It was ordered 9/12/07 and is still sitting in BG status. I can get the exact JK that I have ordered but with an automatic right now. My wife prefers the auto and I prefer the stick.

If I do it now I can take adantage of the finance rates which I have a feeling will not be going away in January. They may even get better, but that is a gamble.

I could also use the no payments for 6 months and pay of my negative equity in that time and not finance it.

I figue that the 6 speed will be a little better on gas, but the dealer gave me an autp to spend the day in and I averaged 18.9 mpg. I also got the taste of a JK and want it so bad.

Do I bite the bullet and do the auto now or be patient for the 6 speed? I plan on keeping it for a long time and keep it as a third vehicle eventually. My wife thinks we should just get the aut and be happy.

Thanks for you input. I value all of your thoughts.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes