Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
Thank you for the kind words. Usually when I complain I get responses of people wait 8 months or more for a Rubicon, so just deal with it.
Been there 08
Waited nearly 9 1/2 months for my unlimited sahara
All I can say is hang in there,it's well worth the wait!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default How long it took for my Jeep to come in

My Jeep came in! Just to report on the timing:

I ordered end of August, and was told that 2-door Jeeps were running at the front end of a 6-8 week turn-around time (except for Rubicons).

End of October, I called the dealer, and they said that there was still no movement, but since a custom order usually did not take that long, they had just that day asked a regional manager to investigate the delay.

November 14, I had a message on the answering machine from the dealer that the Jeep had just moved to D status, but of course, no build date was set.

November 27, I got a call from the dealer that my Jeep had just arrived at the dealer. (I picked it up on Saturday)

This for a 2-door X, soft top, with S package, manual transmission, half-doors, tow package, tow hooks, fog lamps, and Infiniti speakers.

Woo-hoo!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Ours is JS status, weird because they told us last week that we had a projected build date of 12-8-07 and now this week they say projected SHIP date of 11-28-07! How long to receive at JS status?
Old 12-03-2007, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

I've been lurking here for a couple of months while I waited for my Jeep to come in, but I haven't posted as I haven't had anything important to contribute to the discussion.

Some, however, may take heart at the relatively short wait I've had. I placed the order for a Steel Blue '08 unlimited Rubicon (loaded with just about every option except the smoker's group and the auto trans) on September 15. I've been tracking the order through customer service and my dealer, and, after going to D on 11/15 and D-1 on 11/19, it was built on 11/29 and shipped on 11/30 and is expected in NJ by 12/10.

When I ordered it, my dealer said "Give me 3 months and I'll have it". After reading on this site and others, I was beginning to wonder if I'd see it by March, when my current ride has to go back. I don't know if he's that good or if he's lucky, but it looks like its going to be within a week of his estimate.

My condolences to those who have been waiting longer. I didn't mean to cut in line, honest. But cheer up -- maybe production is catching up to the orders.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

4doorless, it's good of you to share your sucess story. I am hoping mine will be built within a decent time frame, but not counting on it. My dealer told me 8/10 weeks; I talked to a dealer in Chicago tonight and he claimed that 8/12 weeks is the standard wait for a Rubicon order for them... more smoke im sure... It makes me wonder how some dealerships pull it off while others seem to slide them thru.

I am just hoping my dealer has the proper allocaton for me to receive mine in a timely manner...
Old 12-03-2007, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks David and 08. Never had to wait for a vehicle that I bought before. All the rumors, no communication. Bouncing from BX to BG. Just gets to you sometimes. I'll hang in there though.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

YAY tomorrow is tuesday!! maybe there will be an update for my jeeps!!
how sad is that......
Old 12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I will be praying tonight that tomorrow I will have moved to D... at least. I will be calling first thing in the morning. I have a feeling that it is just mental suicide.

I am going to be out of town from December 12-15 and 25-31. It will end up being built and shipped when I cannot pick it up. That is how my luck goes.

I will update tomorrow morning.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm waiting on a call tomorrow (Tuesday) as well from my dealer. My dealer called their Chrysler rep and I should have an email or voice mail for an estimated build date. I'm still in BG. My dealer was told DANA could not supply the 44's fast enough. I'm not sure if I'll have mine by the first of the year or not. I have to be close.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I spoke to a CSR (Randy) on Monday 12/3 and was told that my order was still in (BG) due to a materials delay with entertainment systems and seat material. He said this should be resolved this week. That is actually the first time one of the CSR's has given me any info other than just the status. True or not it's nice to get a little more info.

08 2dr JK Rubi Black Soft Top
MyGig, auto, pwr conv, tow

Order - 10/12
BG- 10/30
BX - 11/6
BX - 11/13
BG - 11/20
BG - 11/26
BG - 12/3

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes