Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

called the dealer again today, they said nothing has changed.
So then i called the 800 number, and the guy said he would contact the dealer about my Yellow Rubi that has been going back and forth from BX to BG to see if he can get things moving. Other than that, that is all the new i have for today. What a bummer.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Z-Man
IT"S IN!!! Picking her up tomorrow!

Congrats, Z-Man!!
Your patience has paid off - have fun for all of us waiters!!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Theage73
So then i called the 800 number, and the guy said he would contact the dealer about my Yellow Rubi that has been going back and forth from BX to BG to see if he can get things moving. Other than that, that is all the new i have for today. What a bummer.
I was told pretty much the same thing two weeks ago when I called CS, although they said that they would send a "file" to the dealer to help get things moving. However, I was under the impression that once the order is placed that it's basically out of the dealer's hands until the delivery truck pulls up.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Way to go, Z-man... I'm not far behind you!

It looks like you other Rubi-orderers wil be looking at a little while longer. Seems liek the average for a Rubi is 6 months... I know it's tough waiting. Hell mine isn't even built yet. But hang in, and your Jeep will be here before long...
Old 11-30-2007, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Theage73
So then i called the 800 number, and the guy said he would contact the dealer about my Yellow Rubi that has been going back and forth from BX to BG to see if he can get things moving. Other than that, that is all the new I have for today. What a bummer.

They told me this also when I called the first time. Shouldn't CS contact the factory. Once the order goes in, assuming that the dealer does not play around with the order of the orders, there really is not anything that the dealer can do. The factory and the dealer reps have the ability to "get things moving".

It pisses me off to drive by my dealer and see new Jeeps coming off the truck this week with the dual top group when they tell me that mine is next in line to arrive, but what can I do? I have to assume that my salesguy, who is sot of a friend, would not be feeding me BS. He tells me that there is a production delay but then I call CS, look online..., and there is no mention of a delay. Has anyone else heard this from a reputable source?

I am starting to really wonder.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's official, the time has come for me to bid farewell to this thread! It has kept me sane, and made me crazy both at the same time!

Have a look see: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...lue#post237779

Good luck to all still waiting, my advice...To give in to compromise... It was sooooo sweet getting exactly what I wanted. Even though I did have to wait 6 months..
Old 12-01-2007, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
They told me this also when I called the first time. Shouldn't CS contact the factory. Once the order goes in, assuming that the dealer does not play around with the order of the orders, there really is not anything that the dealer can do. The factory and the dealer reps have the ability to "get things moving".

It pisses me off to drive by my dealer and see new Jeeps coming off the truck this week with the dual top group when they tell me that mine is next in line to arrive, but what can I do? I have to assume that my salesguy, who is sot of a friend, would not be feeding me BS. He tells me that there is a production delay but then I call CS, look online..., and there is no mention of a delay. Has anyone else heard this from a reputable source?

I am starting to really wonder.
this is a reputable source. Automotive Resources International - Production report. this is the link http://www.arifleet.com/production.html . In their October 25th report they first mention the lead times listed below. I ordered my Rubi on 9-10, was told by the stealership 6 to 8 weeks. It's going on 12 weeks now. I call the CS line every tuesday (thats when they update). the last two calls the CS lady told me she would send my file to the dealer rep and have him contact the dealer. I've recieved no calls either time. The report should be available this coming week. I don't know if this 12-14 week lead time applys to Jeeps ordered as of that date or to jeeps ordered before and after that date. As I've said in other posts, these reports go back to mid year and there is no mention of any hold-ups due to MyGig, Dana Axles, Leaking Roofs, and whatever other rumors have been floated to us here in the Waiting Room. Kinda reminds me of when the ex was in labor for 29 hours with my son. He finally showed up after all kinds of excuses from the Docs AND he had all the options I had hoped for. It's just not knowing why I'm bouncing from BG to BX so many times. Only the factory knows and they don't talk to customers evidently. They talk to CS and only to give build status code. CS talks to the dealer and only to give build status code. There are too may disconnects. Whatever happened to customer satisfaction. Vent, Vent, Vent.....Congrats Z-Man, I'm happy for you (and envious)

• 4x2 models have a 10-12 week lead time
4x4 models have a 12-14 week lead time• (CKT) Cargo tie-down loops have a Job
#1 of 1/3/08
Old 12-01-2007, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubiCajun
this is a reputable source. Automotive Resources International - Production report. this is the link http://www.arifleet.com/production.html . In their October 25th report they first mention the lead times listed below. I ordered my Rubi on 9-10, was told by the stealership 6 to 8 weeks. It's going on 12 weeks now. I call the CS line every tuesday (thats when they update). the last two calls the CS lady told me she would send my file to the dealer rep and have him contact the dealer. I've recieved no calls either time. The report should be available this coming week. I don't know if this 12-14 week lead time applys to Jeeps ordered as of that date or to jeeps ordered before and after that date. As I've said in other posts, these reports go back to mid year and there is no mention of any hold-ups due to MyGig, Dana Axles, Leaking Roofs, and whatever other rumors have been floated to us here in the Waiting Room. Kinda reminds me of when the ex was in labor for 29 hours with my son. He finally showed up after all kinds of excuses from the Docs AND he had all the options I had hoped for. It's just not knowing why I'm bouncing from BG to BX so many times. Only the factory knows and they don't talk to customers evidently. They talk to CS and only to give build status code. CS talks to the dealer and only to give build status code. There are too may disconnects. Whatever happened to customer satisfaction. Vent, Vent, Vent.....Congrats Z-Man, I'm happy for you (and envious)

• 4x2 models have a 10-12 week lead time
4x4 models have a 12-14 week lead time• (CKT) Cargo tie-down loops have a Job
#1 of 1/3/08
I hear your frustration and can empathize.

I also call on Tuesdays, and everytime I call I give the fle number to CS, they pull it up and then put me on ild for a few minutes while they researh the file". If they only have access to the status code, what are they "researching" while am on hold. I have a strong feeling hat they have acccess to much more than what they indicate to us.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiCajun
I ordered my Rubi on 9-10, was told by the stealership 6 to 8 weeks. It's going on 12 weeks now. I call the CS line every tuesday (thats when they update).

I was told 6-8 weeks too but within an hour of reading on a couple forums I knew that wasn't going to happen.

You're killing yourself calling all the time. Calling doesn't speed anything up and it's well known that nothing is going to happen in 3 months. People that are getting their Jeeps now ordered back in June. I waited just over 5 months and during that time I called 2 times and that was only after I found out from the dealer I was D1. Just calling those 2 times got my anxiety going, I don't know how you do it every week.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, guys... I just checked my email, and my JK has been conceived. My sales-guy informs me that she was in "F" as of 12/1/07, just as scheduled. If all goes well, she should be done and ship sometime this next week. I could pee myself right now. Yeah, I said it. I could pee my pants like a weeeeeee bebe!!!!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes