Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-28-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost here I can't wait, I can almost smell it. Dealer says my rubicon has an estimated arival date of 12/12/07 at the dealer. Sounds like its right behind yours zman
Old 11-28-2007, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

I was fine with the wait until now. I can hardly sit still! Just a little longer......

Current
.. Released from Industry 11/28/2007 06:39 AM EST On Railcar - Toledo 2 Assembly, OH
Future
.. Railcar - Interchanged 12/02/2007 01:00 AM EST Kansas City, KS
Old 11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

How did you find out all that detail? and or what the railcar info is? I asked DC CS and they said they didn't have any other info, just the status...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MTBYKER
I was fine with the wait until now. I can hardly sit still! Just a little longer......

Current
.. Released from Industry 11/28/2007 06:39 AM EST On Railcar - Toledo 2 Assembly, OH
Future
.. Railcar - Interchanged 12/02/2007 01:00 AM EST Kansas City, KS
Yeah, where can we find out that much detail? Congrats!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to look at mine today. They put a pinstripe on it after it got to the dealer. It doesn't look bad but I wouldn't have asked for it and I definitely won't pay for it. I'm picking it up this Sat.

I asked him about the hard top problem and he said jeep told all the dealers that problem was fixed for the 08s and no 08s leak. Just like I said... the dealers no nothing about whats going on. The info you get is different depending on where you get it from.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiCajun
davidwm71 and others on this thread. the following link will show you a report that is put out about every two weeks on ALL american car production. this report gives info about any production holdup, what the hold up is and the present lead time on a particular vehicle. the latest, as you will read is from 11-21-07 and mentions nothing of any hardtop problems it gives the following info only:

• 4x2 models have a 10-12 week lead time
• 4x4 models have a 12-14 week lead time
• (CKT) Cargo tie-down loops have a Job
#1 of 1/3/08

the follosing link will lead you there and you can read reports back to mid year. you'll notice that there was no holdups due to MyGig or Dana axles or any of the other rumors.

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html

I went back as far as you could go... before my order went in over 5 months ago. There was NEVER any mention of Mygig for Jeep Wrangler and NEVER any mention of the hard top what-so-ever. They do mention cargo tie downs quite a bit.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

When I heard about this I asked my dealer to contact their rep to get info. He reluctantly got the word that they are in a production delay until mid december, estimated.

I would hope that they would do a recall in the near future to repair all current hard tops with a leaking issue.

My question, which my dealer could not answer, is how do they handle the build process now? If my dealer would have been allocated my Sahara dor December, but the hardtop is on hold, does my order get pushed to January's allocation period?

I assume that since I was the next order to process in the dealer, I would have had a December build. So I would have seen it around Christmas. Do I just expect to see it a few weeks later or should I just accept spring?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have had the rubicon for two days and put 130 miles on it and i love it except the gas mileage z man you will love yours to will post pics tommrow
Old 11-29-2007, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swampdonkey
Yeah, where can we find out that much detail? Congrats!
I found this in another post:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...car#post220047

Now, I have to just get the railcar number...ugh... Spoke to my sales manager today about the 0% for 36, and he said I can only get that at the time of delivery, and he wasn't sure if they were going to extend the offer...Meanwhile on the Chrysler Financial website it says that it is good through 01/02/08... Strike 1 for the dealer... So I asked what the update was on my shipping...I said last time I check with them it was KZM, he said yeah, yeah, KZM, not sure when it is getting in... Well, it is KZN... Strike 2 for the dealership.

they have no interest in customer service. So, I am going to swing by tomorrow stealth like and check the lot. lol and see what I find.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08 rubi
i have had the rubicon for two days and put 130 miles on it and i love it except the gas mileage z man you will love yours to will post pics tommrow
I am jealous!!!! Can't wait to see pics, and I am getting sooooo antsy to get mine ... lol

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes