Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-27-2007, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juiceman2k7
Ours went D1 this week and has a projected build date of 12-8-07, how long from that date will it take to finish and get to dealer?
It takes a day to build. Mine sat in QC for a week or the system didn't update before it went KZ to ship and from there it was at the lot in 3 or 4 days. Might be a day more for NC. These are guesstimates as we all know stuff happens.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jammen
The 21st they finish the build and put it on a train/truck, and unless I've missed the post, he still hasn't gotten his.
Still not in my possession yet... Soon though
Old 11-27-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jammen
Er? Correct me if I'm wrong, but;
First, if they were built just before Turkey Day, then wouldn't that put them in D-1 status (aka solid build schedule) back in the beginning of the month, before the hard top hold announcement and,
Second, if the jeep was built just before T-day, then wouldn't it still be on a train for at least another week or two.

Take Z-Man's for an example, went D-1 on the 15th so just about the time the Hard Top hold was being talked about. The 21st they finish the build and put it on a train/truck, and unless I've missed the post, he still hasn't gotten his.
Looks to me that Jeep could very well be still delivering hard tops built before they decided to put the brakes on.

The question would be, has anyone else with a hard top gone D-1 in the last two weeks?

Jeeps that were built just before Thanksgiving are at the dealerships right now. My sales guy called today to tell me it's in. It was built the weekend before thanksgiving ( fri-mon ).

Its been said that there will be an immediate stop to ANY hard tops... NONE will leave the factory, this was before mine was built. I have seen orders that were D1 not get built and go backwards in status.

Mine went D1 on the 14th which was after the first time I heard of this immediate halt on hard top production, was released from the factory on the 20th and got to my dealer yesterday.

If there is indeed a fix for this leaky hard top problem I expect... no I INSIST that my top be upgraded in whatever manner it need to be upgraded. I put up with enough problems from Jeep and leaking vehicles. Believe me... I wouldn't hesitate to get a lawyer... again.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I asked my salesman about the hard top thing ,and he said they had been put on restriction, and building would be resuming in December. Also, today's factory report shows a build date of 12/1 for my Jeep. it also shows a ship date of 11/30, and we know THAT'S not right. So, looks like I may be just around the corner from getting it. I guess we'll see...
Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

davidwm71 and others on this thread. the following link will show you a report that is put out about every two weeks on ALL american car production. this report gives info about any production holdup, what the hold up is and the present lead time on a particular vehicle. the latest, as you will read is from 11-21-07 and mentions nothing of any hardtop problems it gives the following info only:

• 4x2 models have a 10-12 week lead time
• 4x4 models have a 12-14 week lead time
• (CKT) Cargo tie-down loops have a Job
#1 of 1/3/08

the follosing link will lead you there and you can read reports back to mid year. you'll notice that there was no holdups due to MyGig or Dana axles or any of the other rumors.

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html
Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
Well, I asked my salesman about the hard top thing ,and he said they had been put on restriction, and building would be resuming in December. Also, today's factory report shows a build date of 12/1 for my Jeep. it also shows a ship date of 11/30, and we know THAT'S not right. So, looks like I may be just around the corner from getting it. I guess we'll see...
Haha...I had a build date of 11/26 and a ship date of 11/19 Go figure, it ended up getting done in the middle
Old 11-28-2007, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

I should probably join in the fun of this thread. Dealer told me 8 weeks when I ordered it on 11/5. I just laughed and said more like 8 months; when asked what was funny, I just told him to never mind... But then again who knows? The planets might all allign in my favor.

11/27/07 in BG.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Checked with my dealer for an updated today. Not sure how the top thing will hold mine up but I moved from BX to D status. I really hope I get the new hard top seals that don't leak but at the same time I would like the jeep before the snow flies. Also, it looks like D status can be the longest wait from what other people show on there status updates. My dealer is saying December or early January delivery.

2008 Unlimited X Jeep Green Hard Top
11/7 Ordered
11/13 BX
11/28 D
Old 11-28-2007, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteelMastiff
I should probably join in the fun of this thread. Dealer told me 8 weeks when I ordered it on 11/5. I just laughed and said more like 8 months; when asked what was funny, I just told him to never mind... But then again who knows? The planets might all allign in my favor.

11/27/07 in BG.
Don't count your luck. I've been in BG for nearly 6 months.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by swampdonkey
Don't count your luck. I've been in BG for nearly 6 months.
I hear you; I have no fasle hope...

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes