Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inajeep
Is a Rubi hardtop different then a Sahara or X? Also, My Freedom top hasn't leaked at all and it's been rained on a few times. It's also not been opened yet.

I'd assume they'd be exactly the same, but .
Now you got me wondering if it's just rubicon's with hard tops on hold or all jeeps with hard tops currently on order that haven't been built yet.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jammen
To add another confirmation to the Hard Top Restriction rumor, I just got off the phone with the dealer, my Rubi is on hold till at least the middle of next month while they fix the hard top.
Perhaps us "soft-toppers" will get a schedule boost ...
Old 11-26-2007, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

i pick my rubicon up tommrow
Old 11-26-2007, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

congrats 08 Rubi
Old 11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good Stuff 08! Guess mine didn't make the train with yours

Enjoy! Hope I am behind the drivers seat shortly too!!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd assume they'd be exactly the same, but .
Now you got me wondering if it's just rubicon's with hard tops on hold or all jeeps with hard tops currently on order that haven't been built yet.

Rubicons with hard tops have been being built this past month, many people that have been waiting are getting their hard top Rubicon this week or next week.

Everyone has been talking about this hold due to the hard tops for 2 or 3 weeks. All the while the factory is pumping out hard top Rubicons the whole time.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by davidwm71
Rubicons with hard tops have been being built this past month, many people that have been waiting are getting their hard top Rubicon this week or next week.

Everyone has been talking about this hold due to the hard tops for 2 or 3 weeks. All the while the factory is pumping out hard top Rubicons the whole time.
Again I'm assuming,
but I'd think the Hard Tops that are showing up now are the Jeeps that were built 3-5 weeks ago since that would be about how long the delivery would take.
If I remember correctly the Hard Top hold was announced 2ish weeks ago so that would imply that jeeps will continue to be delivered for another couple weeks before we hit a dry spell.

Sooooo, if in two weeks the deliveries of Hard Top'd jeeps dry up, then maybe Jeep wasn't bullshitting.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again I'm assuming,
but I'd think the Hard Tops that are showing up now are the Jeeps that were built 3-5 weeks ago since that would be about how long the delivery would take.
If I remember correctly the Hard Top hold was announced 2ish weeks ago so that would imply that jeeps will continue to be delivered for another couple weeks before we hit a dry spell.

Sooooo, if in two weeks the deliveries of Hard Top'd jeeps dry up, then maybe Jeep wasn't bullshitting.
The Jeeps that are being delivered to dealers now were made just before Thanksgiving. People were saying that all Jeeps with hardtops are on hold and no jeeps will be leaving the manufacturer with hard tops 2 weeks ago. During that time I know of at least 4 Jeeps from this thread alone, that were manufactured and shipped AFTER this "announcement".

Honesty I don't think Jeep ever made a Wrangler that didn't Leak. My friends 98 leaked since he bought it. My 05 was in the dealership MANY times to fix the leak. Every Jeep I checked in 2 different dealerships in 05 and 06 had wet floors after it rained ( hard and soft tops ). I didn't buy an 07 because I was told by the dealer they had a problem with the tops leaking and for 08 they fixed the problem, obviously that wasn't true. With all the times my 05 was in to fix the leak, I finally had enough and ordered a new Jeep... now I'm going to have the same problem... I'll give them a chance to fix it, if they can't I guess it's back to a lawyer again.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by davidwm71
The Jeeps that are being delivered to dealers now were made just before Thanksgiving.
Er? Correct me if I'm wrong, but;
First, if they were built just before Turkey Day, then wouldn't that put them in D-1 status (aka solid build schedule) back in the beginning of the month, before the hard top hold announcement and,
Second, if the jeep was built just before T-day, then wouldn't it still be on a train for at least another week or two.

Take Z-Man's for an example, went D-1 on the 15th so just about the time the Hard Top hold was being talked about. The 21st they finish the build and put it on a train/truck, and unless I've missed the post, he still hasn't gotten his.
Looks to me that Jeep could very well be still delivering hard tops built before they decided to put the brakes on.

The question would be, has anyone else with a hard top gone D-1 in the last two weeks?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Ours went D1 this week and has a projected build date of 12-8-07, how long from that date will it take to finish and get to dealer?

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes