Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-23-2007, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

z-man i am happy for you. bout time you will have your baby.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by swampdonkey
Just curious to see how many orders were placed before June that still have not received their Rubicon. I ordered mine in early July and was just curious to see what was in the pipeline to be built.
I order my Sahara Unlimited Red Rock, manual, myGig, and hardtops on May 11th. I went to D-1 status on Monday. Estimated ship date of November 29th! I've gone through being mad at everyone, dealer, "customer service", DC... just about anyone. I know when I was 4 months in it helped to see some guys and gals that ordered theirs before me just getting their JK instead of all these people that ordered after me. That seemed to be the most frusrating thing...people ordering after you and getting it before you, and having no clue why. I know there are others that ordered before me but might not be checking in here as often. It is theroputic to see others waiting as well.
I am a little worried about the rumor put out there on this forum about the hard tops being a hold up AGAIN, but I haven't seen anything about it from anyone else. I'm hoping that guys dealer is just trying to by himself another couple of months, but I would still feel better if Ghostship would come out and yell at that guy. I have a siber-crush on Ghostship even though he is grumpy sometimes, but it is never about the wait, it is always about people posting what he feels is nonsence.
Ghostship where are you? Are you going to yell at that guy or is my D-1 statis in jepordy?
Old 11-23-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Man, you can say that again...lol
Old 11-23-2007, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Roady
I order my Sahara Unlimited Red Rock, manual, myGig, and hardtops on May 11th. I went to D-1 status on Monday. Estimated ship date of November 29th! I've gone through being mad at everyone, dealer, "customer service", DC... just about anyone. I know when I was 4 months in it helped to see some guys and gals that ordered theirs before me just getting their JK instead of all these people that ordered after me. That seemed to be the most frusrating thing...people ordering after you and getting it before you, and having no clue why. I know there are others that ordered before me but might not be checking in here as often. It is theroputic to see others waiting as well.
I am a little worried about the rumor put out there on this forum about the hard tops being a hold up AGAIN, but I haven't seen anything about it from anyone else. I'm hoping that guys dealer is just trying to by himself another couple of months, but I would still feel better if Ghostship would come out and yell at that guy. I have a siber-crush on Ghostship even though he is grumpy sometimes, but it is never about the wait, it is always about people posting what he feels is nonsence.
Ghostship where are you? Are you going to yell at that guy or is my D-1 statis in jepordy?

It is true, the hard top delay. I have a friend who works as at Chrysler and he verified the information in their system. There is no estimated production date as of this time but it expected to be about 4 weeks.

I hope that when producton resumes, they will mass produce all of the orders that are being held up now.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now, I have yet to hear that, but if your source is reliable, tell me...

Will this hold up orders already in "D-1", or only order that have yet to scheduled?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TCOH
I ordered mine two weeks ago and was told 4 to 6 weeks. Mine is still in BX status. Gt board last weekend and started searching larger cities to see what other dealers had. I found one on the south side of Chicago identical to my order except no infinity audio (no big deal). I asked my dealer to see if they could trade for it. They claim they called twice this week and left messages but never received a return call. I just called, guess what, they have it but basicly told me they would not trade to my dealer. What a bunch of d@cks. If I hadn't already agreed on a great price for my trade (05 Mustang) I would consider driving the 4 hour drive to get it. Does anyone know of a way to convince them to trade? Is there anyone at Chrysler I can talk to that could force them to trade?
Each dealer is individually owned and there is absolutely nothing Chrysler can do to force a trade.

I have been going through this myself because my delaer has found matches for my order that are in dealers out of state. None of the dealers will even return a phone call. MY slaes rep says that this is because the product is so popular, no one wants to trade them. They don't want to help out another dealer who they will probably never need to lean on in the future. It just sucks because in the end, we are the ones hurt by it.

Best thing to do is sit back and wait, unless you want to take a weekend trip to Chicago.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
Now, I have yet to hear that, but if your source is reliable, tell me...

Will this hold up orders already in "D-1", or only order that have yet to scheduled?
From what I understand, there will be no vehicles with hardtops to leave the factory until the fix is made. I bet this week you go back to BG.

I have come to the conclusion that I would rather wait a few more weeks and get one that doesn't leak.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
From what I understand, there will be no vehicles with hardtops to leave the factory until the fix is made...

Originally Posted by Ghostship
... It is possible to be picked up for a Build in the middle of the month. Let's say you've ordered a Soft Top, and there is a sudden shortage of Hard Tops. They don't shut the line down waiting for the parts supplier to get their act together. Instead, they grab Soft Top orders to fill in the spaces until the Hard Top orders can resume their place in line. In this example, some future JK owners will be surprised to find out that their Jeeps are getting built quicker than expected, while others will be disappointed to learn that their estimated Production Date has been postponed....
Maybe I'll get lucky and get a schedule boost?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
From what I understand, there will be no vehicles with hardtops to leave the factory until the fix is made. I bet this week you go back to BG.

I have come to the conclusion that I would rather wait a few more weeks and get one that doesn't leak.
Everyone keeps saying this but... THEY ARE MAKING 4 DOOR RUBICONS WITH HARD TOPS RIGHT NOW... AND THEY ARE SHIPPING FROM THE FACTORY. Mine just shipped 3 days ago, uncle miltie's just got to his dealership, Z-man's just shipped on the 21st. I'm sure theres more but those are just from the last 2 pages of this thread.

Last edited by davidwm71; 11-23-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TCOH
If I hadn't already agreed on a great price for my trade (05 Mustang)

I bet it says "pending final appraisal" which means they reappraise the trade when the Jeep arrives at the dealership.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes