Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-15-2007, 02:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Signature
says it all

my dealer says that i'll prob. have it by the end of next week!!

i'm hopping so
Old 11-15-2007, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

K... how did you get in so quickly??? I mean, I ordered almost 2 full months before you. Congrats, in a kind of way...

Not knockin', but it's frustrating to see how "random" their whole order/schedule/build process seems to be.

Why can't they just build in the order that the orders are recieved??? I mean, whatever happened to first-come, first-served?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

My thoughts exactly Gloworm...I asked my dealer that... They said "there's no rhyme or reason to it"

My Response....Then what the F good is the entire order process... (not really, but wanted to say that...lol)
Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z-Man
My thoughts exactly Gloworm...I asked my dealer that... They said "there's no rhyme or reason to it"

My Response....Then what the F good is the entire order process... (not really, but wanted to say that...lol)

Exactly.

[rant mode] And what really burns my ass is seeing that a "sold order" will sit and sit and sit, yet a Rubi with most or all of my options can sit on a lot waiting for someone to come and buy it. I understand allocating unsold vehicles to delears based on the ability to sell, but our orders should not sit behind all of the unsolds on the lot. Basically, what DC is telling us is "we have you hooked, and we know you'll put up with it, now we need to go hook more people." I guess that's their philosophy... all of us with orders are like caught fish on a stringer, and the fishing day is far from done. I can tell you that if I hadn't worked like a dog to save up for a huge down payment, I couldn't afford to get the model and options I want, and likely would not be even throwing my money at DC, after watching all of those poor people with 07 orders waiting, hoping against all hope, that one day their Jeep might come... it's a bullshit way to treat customers. Especially those of us who work hard for our money, and decide that a Jeep is the way we're going to spend it. [/rant mode]

Old 11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
K... how did you get in so quickly??? I mean, I ordered almost 2 full months before you. Congrats, in a kind of way...

Not knockin', but it's frustrating to see how "random" their whole order/schedule/build process seems to be.

Why can't they just build in the order that the orders are recieved??? I mean, whatever happened to first-come, first-served?
That's how I feel. I ordered before the next guy I should get mine first. I do understand if my Jeep doesn't get built because the parts aren't there ( although I don't understand why I hear parts are backordered for the Jeep but I see hundreds of minivans with that same missing part ).

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810

Each region get an allocation of vehicles. From that, each dealer is allocated a percentage of those vehicle by their district rep.

I believe that each dealership would get their percentage of the pie based upon what they have sold for that allocation period.

It seems "unfair" until you really look at it.

A dealer will be given their fair share of the allocation based on their sales. If they had delivere 22% of the previous period, they would get around 22% of the current allocation.

Where it gets to be fair, is that the bigger dealers would get more vehicles but they would also have more customers to serve. If you firgure that in a perfect world, everyone is ordering, it ends up being a pretty fair and simple system.

Remember, allocation is based on how many units are delivered not ordered. If a dealer gets a large allocation this month, but only delivers half of them, it hurts them for the next month. They call the system turn and earn.

With all of this said, ordered from a small delaerhship and have been waiting two months for a Sahara to get built. I am still in BX, probably because the dealership does not have the allocation. I guess when you have loyalty to a dealer you don't get proirity.
That seems fair to the dealer but not to the customer. I honestly don't care if a dealer sold alot and is being rewarded by getting more orders filled faster. I still feel if I ordered first I should get mine first.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

08/09 - Ordered
09/24 - BG
10/03 - D
10/10 - D
11/01 - D
11/12 - D-1
11/13 - E - F - G
11/14 - I

I ordered mine over a month before yours and I'm a few days behind you. I guess my tint slowed mine down.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon
6-Speed,MyGig, Power, Tow, Tint, Khaki Interior, Dual Tops

Ordered 6/14/07
Currently in BG Status 7/18/07
Still in BG 7/30/07
BG Hell 9/10/07
BX! 1st of many? 10/4/07
Back to BG ... 10/24/07
Got a VIN, no build date yet 11/9/07
And you were almost a month before me... I just figured it out... they are working backwards.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
The MyGig will play a DVD when the parking brake is engaged. There are kits that you can install to make the Jeep think that the brake is engaged when it really is not and watch the DVD while driving. It is illegal in most states, but you can do it.

The Uconnect is not part of the JK. It shares a head unit with other Chrsler vehicles but will not have U connect. IMO, every car should have it standard, but no dice.

I don't mind it only working when the brake is on but I heard they were going to totally disable it. I hope that's not true.

Is the u-connect a separate part or is it just a disable feature within the headunit?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

[/quote]That seems fair to the dealer but not to the customer. I honestly don't care if a dealer sold alot and is being rewarded by getting more orders filled faster. I still feel if I ordered first I should get mine first.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this... I have been waiting since September 12 for a Sahara Unlimited and am still in BX. I see posts on here of people ordering after me and getting them before me. I drive by dealer lots and see a recent influx of Saharas but mne is still in parts.

I understand that there are not as many Rubicons built as the others so a wait is understood. Understood within reason. I will end up waiting for my Sahara the same amount of time that some of you all wil wait for a Rubicon.

I just keep telling myself that it is worth the wait and I need to be patient.
[/B]
[/COLOR]
Old 11-15-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08
UnlimitedSahara810;236302]
That seems fair to the dealer but not to the customer. I honestly don't care if a dealer sold alot and is being rewarded by getting more orders filled faster. I still feel if I ordered first I should get mine first.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this... I have been waiting since September 12 for a Sahara Unlimited and am still in BX. I see posts on here of people ordering after me and getting them before me. I drive by dealer lots and see a recent influx of Saharas but mne is still in parts.

I understand that there are not as many Rubicons built as the others so a wait is understood. Understood within reason. I will end up waiting for my Sahara the same amount of time that some of you all wil wait for a Rubicon.

I just keep telling myself that it is worth the wait and I need to be patient.
[/B]
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

My sales guy tells me he could look around for one for me but I would have to pay MSRP. I told him I waited this long so whats another month or two?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

I know that happens and I think i'm really lucky
mine is a sold order as well
and whats killin' me is that "IF" i get my Jeep lets say saturday the 24th.
i'll drive it for a day and on sunday i'm out of the country which bugs me alot
my dealer promised that i'll get the jeep late november
I think they love me :p
I buy cars from them all the time
maybe their pushing DC for it!
either way it's not here yet. so i'm still waiting
AND I HOPE IT GETS HERE MID OF NEXT WEEK

GOOD LUCK GUYS

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes