Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-15-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwm71
Problem is that when dealers do have a Rubicon you are paying MSRP ( if your lucky ) or higher. I checked and you're right there are plenty of dealers with all kinds of Rubicons with all kinds of options. Kind of pisses me off. I'm waiting for a Jeep I ordered months ago and dealers are selling them to people walking in off the street.

Is it true that the mygig is not going to play DVDs? That's one reason I got it. Another is the U-connect for my cell phone and I hear that won't be enabled either. Seems like I had to wait for my Jeep because of an option I chose and I'm not even going to be getting features of the option I was told I would get.
The MyGig will play a DVD when the parking brake is engaged. There are kits that you can install to make the Jeep think that the brake is engaged when it really is not and watch the DVD while driving. It is illegal in most states, but you can do it.

The Uconnect is not part of the JK. It shares a head unit with other Chrsler vehicles but will not have U connect. IMO, every car should have it standard, but no dice.

I am in Metro Detroit where it is chrysler country. The Chrysler HQ is right here. Nobody pays full tilt for anything. Even if you are not an employee, most dealers will give you the FPP pricing. It may be worth the trip here to purchase if they have what you want.

I really cannot imagine a volume based dealer, going for allocation, would not work with you on a vehicle if they have five or six sitting there.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default Factory and Dealers

Why doesn't Chrysler just go out to their dealers and try to put the customers in touch with the ones who have the product or a close match to what they ordered? They would probably fill most of the backlogs out there. I would work with them no matter were they are just as long as they didn't gouge me So if anyone knows of a let me know.

2008 Black Rubicon Unlimited
Auto
MyGIG
Both Tops
Khaki interior
Tow package
air bags
power group
remote start
Deep tint windows
Old 11-15-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sds1111
Why doesn't Chrysler just go out to their dealers and try to put the customers in touch with the ones who have the product or a close match to what they ordered? They would probably fill most of the backlogs out there. I would work with them no matter were they are just as long as they didn't gouge me So if anyone knows of a let me know.

Auto
MyGIG
Both Tops
Khaki interior
Tow package
air bags
power group
remote start
Deep tint windows
Check out zip 75067 on Jeep website, Huffines. They have 2 black Rubis, one is very close (no MyGig & w/grey interior).
Old 11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Finally I went into D-1 status!!! Est. Build is 11/26 according to DC, my dealer still has not informed me of any change. They are so informative and resposive...NOT
Old 11-15-2007, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Congrat's It sure took long enough for you.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Z-Man has been officially pardoned from D-block. Congrats.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Way to go, Z-man!!!

I should hopefully be right behind you!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sds1111

Auto
MyGIG
Both Tops
Khaki interior
Tow package
air bags
power group
remote start
Deep tint windows
Check Golling in zip 48034. I think they have this exact vehicle except for the Khaki Interior. If I remember correctly, the MSRP is $35,200.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

I have found a few that have the options I want, but they are asking way to much for them. I just can't see increasing my payment by $150.00 to $200.00 per month for their profit.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, but to tell you the truth...I'll believe it when I see it... LOL!

I'll double check Monday to see if anything has changed. Yeah, Glow, i would think you should be right behind me...

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes