Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe Ill wait for an 09.... anyone know if theres a V8 in the future??
Old 11-14-2007, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by codcape
Maybe Ill wait for an 09.... anyone know if theres a V8 in the future??
My guess is that you will see a diesel before a V8
Old 11-14-2007, 10:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was reading the links about why it takes so long for an order to be built and I understand and agree with everything up to the part about dealer allocation. How is it fair that someones Jeeps finally gets ready to be built and then gets knocked out of line because of dealer allocation? Then next month maybe all the parts for that Jeep may not be in but the dealer has plenty of allocation and someone who ordered a Jeep later from the same dealer ( but with different options ) gets their Jeep first.

If you ask the dealer about allocation they will tell you they get the most allocation out of all the dealers within 1000 miles, they're salespeople and they will tell you whatever you need to hear to buy from them.

Why should a customer be punished because of the dealer they ordered from? The same jeep you ordered could actually be built and shipped to a different customer who ordered it later then you from a dealer 2 miles up the highway.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sds1111
I just got off the phone with my factory rep and were told that they are presently scheduling for January. I ordered August 28th and best case will be February maybe later way later. The 09 will be relased in July.
I ordered mine on October 2. It has just arrived at the dealer. If you don't want to wait six months, you should give Mike Motors in Ely a try. I'm pretty sure they can arrange for delivery to anywhere in the continental U.S. - They're at (218) 365 6156.

These are great guys - they worked hard every day to get me my Jeep in short order. No affiliation - but tell 'em Duane sent you! I love referring vendors who work hard - and intelligently - at what they do.

Duane Behrens ("Perzuki")

Oct. 2 ordered
Oct. 23 "D"
Oct. 24 "D1"
Nov. 8 "I"
Nov. 9 "KZ"
Nov. 13 "KZ-N"
Nov. 15 "KZX"
Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

What did you order? I can get my hands on pretty much anything except for the Rubicon.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

My dealer has plenty of 08s, all models too. Even 4 door Rubicons. Just not in the configuration I ordered.

I just got off the phone with Jeep and they said it went to D1 staus yesterday and is scheduled to leave the factory 11/19 but she was VERY CLEAR that 11/19 was just an ESTIMATE. My salesman goes on Vacation from Dec 9th till January. I was really hoping it would come before he leaves.

Last edited by davidwm71; 11-15-2007 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

For all of the Rubicon waiters..... there is a thread called where's waldo" on here. It is a tool to find vehicles within 50 miles of you. When I did a Rubicon in my area, it came up with 15 stock units."

If you don'tmind travelling, the zip code I used is 48439.

It may be worth a shot.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sds1111
What did you order? I can get my hands on pretty much anything except for the Rubicon.
Mine is a Sahara 2D Red Rock. Neighbor got a stone white Rubicon - slightly longer turnaround - app. 8 weeks.

At our other home in Torrance, California, the dealer has 3 Rubicons on the lot (no Saharas) in both 2D and 4D models. He lifted one 4D model and put 37" tires on it - just to spark some interest. I'll try to post a picture of it here. It was still there yesterday and has languished on the lot for a few months now.

So. I can't help but suspect that maybe, just maybe, your dealership MIGHT sometimes have more to do with your waiting time than the internal policies of Chrysler Jeep and/or the "desirability" of any single model. I could be wrong, but it seems there really ARE dealers out there who can make these things move . . . I'm fortunate to have found one. Refer to my post #2940.

Best,
Duane Behrens ("Perzuki")
Old 11-15-2007, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by davidwm71
I was reading the links about why it takes so long for an order to be built and I understand and agree with everything up to the part about dealer allocation. How is it fair that someones Jeeps finally gets ready to be built and then gets knocked out of line because of dealer allocation? Then next month maybe all the parts for that Jeep may not be in but the dealer has plenty of allocation and someone who ordered a Jeep later from the same dealer ( but with different options ) gets their Jeep first.

If you ask the dealer about allocation they will tell you they get the most allocation out of all the dealers within 1000 miles, they're salespeople and they will tell you whatever you need to hear to buy from them.

Why should a customer be punished because of the dealer they ordered from? The same jeep you ordered could actually be built and shipped to a different customer who ordered it later then you from a dealer 2 miles up the highway.

Each region get an allocation of vehicles. From that, each dealer is allocated a percentage of those vehicle by their district rep.

I believe that each dealership would get their percentage of the pie based upon what they have sold for that allocation period.

It seems "unfair" until you really look at it.

A dealer will be given their fair share of the allocation based on their sales. If they had delivere 22% of the previous period, they would get around 22% of the current allocation.

Where it gets to be fair, is that the bigger dealers would get more vehicles but they would also have more customers to serve. If you firgure that in a perfect world, everyone is ordering, it ends up being a pretty fair and simple system.

Remember, allocation is based on how many units are delivered not ordered. If a dealer gets a large allocation this month, but only delivers half of them, it hurts them for the next month. They call the system turn and earn.

With all of this said, ordered from a small delaerhship and have been waiting two months for a Sahara to get built. I am still in BX, probably because the dealership does not have the allocation. I guess when you have loyalty to a dealer you don't get proirity.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
For all of the Rubicon waiters..... there is a thread called where's waldo" on here. It is a tool to find vehicles within 50 miles of you. When I did a Rubicon in my area, it came up with 15 stock units."

If you don'tmind travelling, the zip code I used is 48439.

It may be worth a shot.
Problem is that when dealers do have a Rubicon you are paying MSRP ( if your lucky ) or higher. I checked and you're right there are plenty of dealers with all kinds of Rubicons with all kinds of options. Kind of pisses me off. I'm waiting for a Jeep I ordered months ago and dealers are selling them to people walking in off the street.

Is it true that the mygig is not going to play DVDs? That's one reason I got it. Another is the U-connect for my cell phone and I hear that won't be enabled either. Seems like I had to wait for my Jeep because of an option I chose and I'm not even going to be getting features of the option I was told I would get.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes