Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-08-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I reported last night that I was going to take delivery of my JK today. Well that didn't happen. It seems the salesman thought it was going to be in but it is still at the rail yard awaiting a transport truck. So now its a guessing game of when it will be in. On a better note, my front and rear Mopar bumpers came in along with the tinted window kit. The bumpers are nice. The only problem I have now is that I need a pair of tow hooks. My Jeep will not have them I thought the bumper may come with them. Maybe I can get the dealer to give me a set since I am still waiting on delivery. Well I'll just sit back and have a and wait.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marks08jk
Well I reported last night that I was going to take delivery of my JK today. Well that didn't happen. It seems the salesman thought it was going to be in but it is still at the rail yard awaiting a transport truck. So now its a guessing game of when it will be in. On a better note, my front and rear Mopar bumpers came in along with the tinted window kit. The bumpers are nice. The only problem I have now is that I need a pair of tow hooks. My Jeep will not have them I thought the bumper may come with them. Maybe I can get the dealer to give me a set since I am still waiting on delivery. Well I'll just sit back and have a and wait.
check down in the for sale and for free section, I thought I saw a couple of sets of mopar tow hooks floating around down there.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Adieu

Well friends, it's time to say goodbye! Picked up my Red Rock Unlimited 4x4 X yesterday at 4:00 after a 19 week wait!

It's been great sharing everyone's company during the looong wait - this forum sure helps the time go by. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Time to DRIVE and time to move on to the MOD and troubleshooting forums

Ordered 6/28
10/7 BG/BX/BG/BX
10/8 D
10/18 D1 + VIN
10/27 KZM
11/8 Mine!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

Congrats Element!!
Glad your wait is finally over - enjoy!!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

It's probably a bit premature, but I don't think that my salesman is being honest with me, so I decided to give the 800 number a call in an effort to get my VON#. My salesman swears that the order was placed on Saturday and informed after I called earlier that it was in BX status, but he states that there is no order number assigned to it yet. I questioned him by asking "then how does Chrysler's system track my order?", to which he stated "oh...they track it by your name." At this point, I knew he was full of it, so I'm now on hold with Chrysler.

I must say, I'm very pleased with the CS Rep that I'm speaking with. I explained right away that I was NOT calling with a complaint and that I just wanted to see if I could obtain my order number. She was surprised that they did not give it to me when I ordered it. She asked for some basic info and now has me on hold while she contacts my dealership to get my VON#. I made sure to mention several times that I was not complaining, just trying to save myself and the dealer's time. She responded by basically stating that she'll save me even more time by also giving me a reference number that I can use to check my status in the future.

I just wanted to share this and say thanks to all of you for offering such great information to those of us who are new to this process. Everything that has been posted here regarding the early post-order process has been spot-on. Now I just need to hope that my CS Rep can get in touch with the sales Mgr at my dealership to find out what's going on with this order.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

I've been living two months of BG friggin hell for my 4dr Rubi. I'm glad I've read a lot of this thread because at least it set my expectations appropriately.

Someday, hopefully.......... :(
Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

Default show me the jeep!

800-992-1997
shortcut...
press 5, 2, 1, 2, then press 2 or 3 for reference or phone number, and then 3

Buy Back Lemon Replacement Vehicle:
10.30.2007 - Ordered / VON
11.02.2007 - BX
11.06.2007 - D / VIN
11.09.2007 - D-1 / Scheduled build 11.30.2007

2008 jeep wrangler 4x4 4dr - stone
S package
Soft Top (hopefully with no leaks)
4 door
Auto
Lockers
Sway bar disc
Sub
Serius
Black app grp
Tow grp
Power conv grp
Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

Default if dealer doesn't provide VON call customer care 800-992-1997

if dealer doesn't provide VON call customer care 800-992-1997

shortcut...
press 5, 2, 1, 2, then 3 for phone number, enter your phone number, and at next prompt press 3

tell them your dealer isn't providing the VON - customer care WILL get your VON even if they have to talk to the GM. ps - thats how i got my VON!

Originally Posted by Ridebreck
It's probably a bit premature, but I don't think that my salesman is being honest with me, so I decided to give the 800 number a call in an effort to get my VON#. My salesman swears that the order was placed on Saturday and informed after I called earlier that it was in BX status, but he states that there is no order number assigned to it yet. I questioned him by asking "then how does Chrysler's system track my order?", to which he stated "oh...they track it by your name." At this point, I knew he was full of it, so I'm now on hold with Chrysler.

I must say, I'm very pleased with the CS Rep that I'm speaking with. I explained right away that I was NOT calling with a complaint and that I just wanted to see if I could obtain my order number. She was surprised that they did not give it to me when I ordered it. She asked for some basic info and now has me on hold while she contacts my dealership to get my VON#. I made sure to mention several times that I was not complaining, just trying to save myself and the dealer's time. She responded by basically stating that she'll save me even more time by also giving me a reference number that I can use to check my status in the future.

I just wanted to share this and say thanks to all of you for offering such great information to those of us who are new to this process. Everything that has been posted here regarding the early post-order process has been spot-on. Now I just need to hope that my CS Rep can get in touch with the sales Mgr at my dealership to find out what's going on with this order.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
if dealer doesn't provide VON call customer care 800-992-1997

shortcut...
press 5, 2, 1, 2, then 3 for phone number, enter your phone number, and at next prompt press 3

tell them your dealer isn't providing the VON - customer care WILL get your VON even if they have to talk to the GM. ps - thats how i got my VON!
Thanks. I was actually on the phone with Customer Care as I was typing that post. She ended up having to leave a message with the Sales Manager, gave me a reference number, and got my cell number so that she could call me as soon as she got a live body with enough authority to use the "holy dealer computer" that evidently exists at this dealership.

I would like to think that my salesman just didn't know that you got a VON when the order was placed, but I'm afraid that what's more likely is that they didn't actually place the order yet and he's just trying to jerk me around. If I don't hear something by the end of the day today, I'm going to be paying the Sales Manager a visit tomorrow morning to get all of this sorted out once and for all. It definitely isn't passing the smell test so far.

**Edit** Success! It took a second call to Customer Care, but lo and behold a VON# does exist for my JK! I probably succeeded in annoying a few folks at the dealership, but turnabout is fair play. I confirmed that it is indeed in BX status, so at least my salesman wasn't completely pulling my leg. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by Ridebreck; 11-09-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got an email from my sales guy... I funally have a VIN!!! Hey, it's something, right???

He doesn't have a build date yet, but he said it looks like I may have a gift for the holidays!!!

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes