Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-02-2007, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joe002
I hadn't read it was going to be producred in Europe, but just found this: "The Jeep J8 will be produced in a Chrysler LLC joint-venture facility in Cairo, Egypt, and will be available in spring 2008.", so maybe it won't impact our production here.

I saw the recent article about Chrysler cutting up to 12,000 jobs and "As part of the new plan, shifts will be cut at vehicle assembly plants in Belvidere, Ill.; Toledo, Ohio; Brampton, Ontario; Jefferson North in Detroit and a plant in Sterling Heights. Also, jobs will be cut at the company’s Mack Avenue engine plant."

At least the strike didn't last long.
I meant to say Egypt. I have no idea where I got Europe. I guess that explains my day yesterday!

Last edited by 08UnlimitedSahara810; 11-02-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

You know, the article I read this morning indicated all of the affected models, and none of them were the Wrangler. I looked back at the article I read this morning and it has been "updated" so all of the affected models are no longer listed. One of the "problems" with the Internet - the articles sometimes don't stay put.
From what I understand... they are cutting the entire third shift at the plant. I would imagine that this would affect Wrangler production as well.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
From what I understand... they are cutting the entire third shift at the plant. I would imagine that this would affect Wrangler production as well.
From another article, the cut doesn't affect the Wrangler production at all, actually the article indicates they added some hours to "crank out more of the vehicles".
Old 11-02-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

From another article, the cut doesn't affect the Wrangler production at all, actually the article indicates they added some hours to "crank out more of the vehicles".

If they are built in the same factory, wouldn't it affect both lines? I would think that with over 1,000 orders daily and production capabilities of 583, they would not be cutting shifts. You know what I mean?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Trying to be patient

Well, I have been lurking for a while and feel like I need to throw my hat into the ring as far as posting goes. I'm hoping it has a therapuetic effect while I await the delivery of my new Jeep. If it doesn't I'm going to try brown liquor.

I love all the info on the site and have got a list of things to get busy on once my Jeep arrives. Keep up the good work with all the informative posts, and hopefully I will be able to contribute some myself. Later!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the waiting room JayhawkJK. Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

Let's see some specs on what you ordered.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-02-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JayhawkJK
Well, I have been lurking for a while and feel like I need to throw my hat into the ring as far as posting goes. I'm hoping it has a therapuetic effect while I await the delivery of my new Jeep. If it doesn't I'm going to try brown liquor.

I love all the info on the site and have got a list of things to get busy on once my Jeep arrives. Keep up the good work with all the informative posts, and hopefully I will be able to contribute some myself. Later!
Brown liquor now means brown mud in a bit.

If you start drinking now you can replace it with wheelin soon.

Drinking is a good hobby!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810

If they are built in the same factory, wouldn't it affect both lines?
No. From the link provided by Joe002 (thanks, Joe):

Toledo Jeep last month idled 3,000 workers temporarily to readjust the factory that makes Libertys and Nitros. The plant makes about 1,200 vehicles a day. Auto dealers have been hopeful that the redesigned Liberty will sell well.

The third shift at the Toledo complex was started in August 2006 as production of the Nitro ramped up. It meant recalling 750 workers who had been idled or displaced when the old Jeep Parkway plant was closed.

Of note, 1,350 Chrysler and supplier workers at the Wrangler factories were given longer work days in the past month to crank out more of the vehicles. The four-door model is especially popular, making 583 vehicle a day when demand was at 1,000. Sales through September were up 71 percent from a year earlier, with 92,549 sold.

[emphasis added]

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ESS02/71031021
Old 11-02-2007, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default Status Updates - Who Knew?!

Just made my periodic call to 1-800-992-1997 to see if my status had changed from "I" (i.e. "built but not okayed" - See Page 1, Post #1 for a complete description of all codes) to "KZ" (i.e. "invoiced and shipped").

The code hadn't changed, but the nice lady on the other end stated something I hadn't known before. She said, "They update the product codes at least every Monday night, sometimes more often - but make sure you call at least every Tuesday - that's when you're most likely to learn of a status change."

Good info, for any here who have been calling hourly.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes