Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 11-01-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We ordered an 08 Sahara unlimited around 9-10-07, as of this week it went D status. The bad thing is the reason we got a chance to order ours is because our 07 Chrysler Pacifica is a buy back lemon. It took ours 7 weeks to go D status and it was supposedly "hot tagged" since ours was a buy back! If I knew hot tagged meant build this damn jeep slow I would have told them not to tag it!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Juiceman2k7
We ordered an 08 Sahara unlimited around 9-10-07, as of this week it went D status. The bad thing is the reason we got a chance to order ours is because our 07 Chrysler Pacifica is a buy back lemon. It took ours 7 weeks to go D status and it was supposedly "hot tagged" since ours was a buy back! If I knew hot tagged meant build this damn jeep slow I would have told them not to tag it!

At least Chrysler is dropping the Pacifica after 2008, so that takes care of that.

I ordered my Unimited Sahara 9/12 and am still in BG status as of today. So maybe yours being in D is a hot status.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z-Man
OKay, so here's a question... Is it piossible for the dealership, and or the regional person to see why one would be stuck in "D"? Just curious, it seems I have been stuck in "D" (as are others) while order placed well after mine, has moved to KZM (Lucky ducks! )

Just curious, becuase if they can, I am going to press themo n it. I keep getting the generic "Still in "D", don't know why..." Response when I email my sales rep...
I 'm not sure if this is relevant or just luck,but when I asked my dealer to give me the regional sales rep's # last month,I got a call from my dealer the next day telling me my sahara unlimited was on the way to being built and shipped within 3 weeks Picked it up last thursday A little bit of pressure never hurts!!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

i'm startin' to hate the "D"
Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Z-Man
OKay, so here's a question... Is it piossible for the dealership, and or the regional person to see why one would be stuck in "D"? Just curious, it seems I have been stuck in "D" (as are others) while order placed well after mine, has moved to KZM (Lucky ducks! )

Just curious, becuase if they can, I am going to press themo n it. I keep getting the generic "Still in "D", don't know why..." Response when I email my sales rep...
I'd double check on it. I was told 10/30 for a build date a couple weeks ago, then last week was tolf 11/12, but when I called today, it was built, passed inspection and waiting to ship out.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810

I have read that the military JK that is going to be produced will be built in Europe.

They also just announced that they are cutting the 3rd shift at the Toledo plant. It said in this article that the Liberty/JK factory was not part of the UAW negotiations since they have a seperate contract. This is new to me, I thought all factories were under the same contract.

We will see...
I hadn't read it was going to be producred in Europe, but just found this: "The Jeep J8 will be produced in a Chrysler LLC joint-venture facility in Cairo, Egypt, and will be available in spring 2008.", so maybe it won't impact our production here.

I saw the recent article about Chrysler cutting up to 12,000 jobs and "As part of the new plan, shifts will be cut at vehicle assembly plants in Belvidere, Ill.; Toledo, Ohio; Brampton, Ontario; Jefferson North in Detroit and a plant in Sterling Heights. Also, jobs will be cut at the company’s Mack Avenue engine plant."

At least the strike didn't last long.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 PM
JK Junkie

That is correct the military Jeep will be produced in Egypt, so no impacts to the Toledo plant. I can;t imagine the job cuts will hurt the JK side of it, probably will occur mostly on the Liberty/Nitro side seeing as their sales have been way down.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scouter4life
I can;t imagine the job cuts will hurt the JK side of it, probably will occur mostly on the Liberty/Nitro side seeing as their sales have been way down.

You know, the article I read this morning indicated all of the affected models, and none of them were the Wrangler. I looked back at the article I read this morning and it has been "updated" so all of the affected models are no longer listed. One of the "problems" with the Internet - the articles sometimes don't stay put.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Found it:

Chrysler will eliminate shifts at five assembly plants, and take further volume-related actions at several other facilities. It will:

Drop third-shift operations at Belvidere (Ill.) Assembly Plant in the first quarter 2008. Belvidere builds the Dodge Caliber, Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass.

Drop second-shift operations at its Jefferson North (Detroit, Mich.) Assembly Plant in the first quarter 2008. It's expected that the plant will return to two shifts in first quarter 2010 with the introduction of the next generation of sport-utility vehicles. The addition of a third shift will remain an option, depending on market demand. Jefferson North builds the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander.

Drop third-shift operations at the Toledo (Ohio) North Assembly Plant in the first quarter 2008. Toledo North builds the Jeep Liberty and Dodge Nitro.

Drop third-shift operations at Brampton (Ontario) Assembly Plant in first quarter 2008. Brampton will build the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger. The Dodge Magnum will be discontinued.

Drop second shift operations at Sterling Heights (Mich.) Assembly Plant in first quarter 2008. Sterling Heights builds the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring sedans and Chrysler Sebring Convertible.

In addition, Mack Avenue (Detroit) Engine Plant II will return to a traditional two-shift / two-crew operation in the first quarter 2008 after operating on a three-crew, two-shift, 120-hour-per-week (3/2/120) schedule. Mack II builds the 3.7-liter V-6 engine.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going to email the dealer and see if they can find out any info, may have to drop in there the request for Regional Rep info, in a non-threatening way, just so they know I'm on top of things...lol Appreciate the input guys.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes